Advertisement

American Press

Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Southwest Louisiana ,
| Share |
(MGNonline)

(MGNonline)

US stands by charges against Boston bomb suspect

Last Modified: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:08 PM

By The Associated Press

BOSTON — Prosecutors say they oppose a defense motion to dismiss some charges against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The filing Friday in federal court in Boston says the number of charges "reflects the number of crimes Tsarnaev committed."

Two pressure cooker bombs were placed near the marathon finish line last year, killing three people and wounding more than 260. The 20-year-old Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty in the attack.

Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty against him for crimes that include using a weapon of mass destruction.

Lawyers for Tsarnaev said in a motion last month that the charges are repetitive and the total number could sway jurors weighing whether to find him guilty and, if they do, whether to sentence him to death.

Posted By: john On: 3/15/2014

Title:

Don't waste a bunch of the tax payer's money STICK A NEEDLE in his arm.

Comment on this article

captcha dc6031679db94a0b96a20c770df9c1ad




Get Social With Us!

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mobile
  • Feed
Advertisement

Copyright © 2014 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press