BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — After a decade of stagnant financing or deep cuts, public education came out of Louisiana's legislative session as one of the big winners, with new money for rising costs, pay raises and expansion plans.
BATON ROUGE — Rep. Mark Abraham, R-Lake Charles, said there has been some misunderstanding about his decision to defer legislation creating a Calcasieu Parish Tolling Authority, and he felt an explanation is in order.
BATON ROUGE — Rep. Mark Abraham and other Southwest Louisiana legislators are sponsoring a legislative resolution that Abraham said is designed to continue the progress that has been made over the last 15 months to construct a new Interstate 10 bridge over the Calcasieu River at Lake Charles.
- Every student in Calcasieu will receive a chair back
- Moss Bluff Little League mom one of six finalists for major league experience
- Jeff Davis 8: Back in national spotlight
- Former teacher re-arrested
- Sex trafficking among charges for Texas woman
- Death warrant for Reeves
- Multiple arrests in gun-related crimes; one suspect still at large
- ‘It doesn’t hit home until it happens to you’
- Sulphur High graduate honored for academic achievement
- City of Sulphur wants to relocate offices