Overnight work on underground utilities starts next week
Published 3:52 pm Friday, November 26, 2021
The city of Lake Charles contractors will be performing work on underground utilities from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. beginning Monday, Nov. 29, and lasting through Friday, Dec. 10.
Contractors have requested to complete this work during the overnight hours to minimize impacts to residents, businesses and motorists during daytime hours.
The scope of work includes rehabilitation of existing underground sewer pipes, and impacted areas may experience single lane closures, increased truck traffic and moderate noise levels during the dates noted below.
Weather permitting; work is scheduled to be completed as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 29, Kirby Street (Between Bilbo and Ryan Streets)
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, Broad Street (Between Lakeshore Drive and Ryan Street)
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, Bilbo Street (Between Broad and Division Streets)
- Thursday, Dec. 2, Broad Street to Division Street (Rear lot line)
- Friday, Dec. 3, Division Street to West Mill Street
- Monday, Dec. 6, West Mill Street (Between Bilbo and Ryan Streets)
- Tuesday, Dec. 7, Division Street (Between Ryan Street and Lakeshore Drive)
- Wednesday, Dec. 8, West Mill Street (Between Ryan and Ann Streets)
- Thursday, Dec. 9, Pine Street (Between Bilbo and Ryan Streets)
- Friday, Dec. 10, West Pryce Street to Belden Street (Rear lot line)