Last Modified: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:34 PM
Officials with the Lake Charles Fire Department aren’t sure what caused a clothing donation bin outside the Goodwill store on Gertsner Memorial Drive to catch fire Sunday afternoon, but they have ruled it an accident.
“There is no reason to believe otherwise,” said Fire Prevention Capt. Mike Walden. “We don’t have anything as far as an ignition source.”
Walden said firefighters responded after store employees discovered the bin on fire. He said the building was not damaged, and no one was injured.
As of Monday, the store was open for business.
For more on this and other breaking stories, check back at www.americanpress.com or pick up your copy of the print edition of the American Press.