Advertisement

American Press

Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Southwest Louisiana ,
Share |
(Special to the American Press)<br>

(Special to the American Press)

Equipment failure causes fire at downtown Entergy substation

Last Modified: Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:35 PM

By Lance Traweek / American Press

Lake Charles fire fighters responded to a fire Sunday evening at an Entergy substation downtown, located on the corner of Ann and Mill Streets.The fire was caused by a piece of equipment that failed, an official said Sunday.

“Equipment designed to isolate failures worked properly to keep failure from effecting more customers than necessary,” Entergy spokesman Chip Arnould said Sunday night.

There were a few customers who were without power but all power was restored within an hour Sunday, Arnould said.

A representative with the Lake Charles Fire Department said the call came in at about 5 p.m.

There was visible smoke coming from the utility station. Entergy was notified and on the scene along with two fire trucks.

Comment on this article

captcha 8e1dee7c3dba4a798b1ecaee7a240606



Get Social With Us!

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mobile
  • Feed

+Share

Advertisement

Copyright © 2014 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press