Jessica Lynne Morgan and Ivory Charles Pantallion III. (Special to the American Press)
Last Modified: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:20 PM
A Texas man and a Tennessee woman were attempting to force a 19-year-old Alabama woman to work as an escort in Lake Charles, authorities said.
Ivory Charles Pantallion III, 33, 515 Moore Road, Beaumont, Texas, and Jessica Lynne Morgan, 24, of Shelbyville, Tenn., were arrested at about 1 a.m. Monday at a local casino hotel, according to arrest reports.
Both were charged with human trafficking and simple kidnapping. Pantallion is being held on $1 million bond; Morgan is being held on $500,000 bond.
Lake Charles police received a tip Sunday that a woman reported missing in Huntsville, Ala., might be in the Lake Area, Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said.
Officers verified with Huntsville police that the woman was missing, he said. The woman’s mother said her daughter had been missing since Friday and was being held in Lake Charles against her will, Kraus said.
She was told her life and her family members’ lives were in danger if she tried to leave, he said. The woman left Huntsville with Pantallion and Morgan of her own volition, Kraus said.
Pantallion, Morgan and the woman first traveled to Beaumont, Texas, where Pantallion and Morgan took her phone away and gave her another one, Kraus said. They then showed her a Web page advertising her as an escort and told her she was to work as an escort, Kraus said.
The next night, Pantallion and Morgan took her to Lake Charles and established another Web page advertising her as an escort, he said.
The woman called her mother and informed her of where she was, and her mother called authorities, Kraus said.
The woman was released to her parents, he said.
A 36-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with second-offense failure to register as a sex offender.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Michael Shawn Haig was arrested Monday night by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Officer.
Haig, 4816 Livingston St., was convicted of carnal knowledge of a juvenile in June 2000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests.
• Toby N. Alaniz, 23, 932 Tallow Road, No. 35 — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, two counts of theft under $300, direct contempt of court. Bond: $50,100.
• Rebecca Ann Broussard, 27, 187 W. Mimosa Drive, Sulphur — unauthorized use of access card over $500. Bond: $50,000.
• Pamela Marie Broussard, 34, 622 W. Lyons St., Sulphur — drug possession. Bond: $40,000.
• Gerald Lynn Lafleur, 35, 4245 5th Ave., M-1 — home invasion, simple battery. Bond: $27,500.
• Pierre Sinclair Thomas, 29, 1604 Saul St. — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $10,000.
• Jessica Marie Oquain, 33, 1236 Franklin St., Apt. D, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery, resisting an officer. Bond: $10,000.
• Rodney Allen Berry Jr., 17, 2003 Denise St. — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $5,000.
• Ervin Melanson, 45, 2126 6th St. — battery of a child welfare or adult protective service worker.
• Edward James Washington Jr., 44, 710 Kingsley St. — simple burglary, theft over $500.
• Staci Lynn Robinson, 38, 604 E. Burton St., Sulphur — four counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, non-moving violation.
• John Botley Williams, 31, 218 Decker St., No. 83 — possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Donald G. Sonnier III, 27, 211 Seagraves St., Jennings — littering and driving under suspension.
• Andre Chatman, 57, 1737 Fox Run Drive, Lake Charles — simple arson.
• Justin Marcantel, 26, 126 North 12th St., Kinder — improper telephone communications.
• Justin L. Derise, 28, 1811 N. Church St., Jennings — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving under suspension, improper lane usage.
All persons are innocent until proven guilty.