Last Modified: Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:15 PM
A 37-year-old Lacassine woman has been charged with domestic abuse battery and aggravated assault after she allegedly damaged a vehicle and pointed a loaded shotgun at her husband, authorities said.
The Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office said Jaime M. Hargrave was arrested Wednesday after an incident at a residence on Main Street.
Witnesses told authorities that Hargrave hit a vehicle with a shovel and when her husband, Edward P. Hargrave, tried to stop her, she then struck him.
Witness also said the woman picked up a 12-gauge shotgun, cocked it and pointed it at her husband. Another witness grabbed the shotgun from her and unloaded it, authorities said.
Two Texas men were arrested early Wednesday morning at trying to steal rims from the Billy Navarre dealership in Sulphur, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Daniel Lee Washington, 42, and Robert A. Lewis, 33, were charged with theft over $1,500, criminal trespass, aggravated flight from an officer and illegal possession of burglary tools.
“Deputies discovered Washington and Lewis attempting to steal aluminum wheels, worth over $21,000, off of six trucks on the lot,” Myers said. “When the deputies approached Washington and Lewis, both fled on foot. Following a brief pursuit, they were apprehended without incident.”
Myers said the men had a drill, lug wrench, floor jack, bolt cutters and two cardboard boxes filled with wooden blocks.
“Washington was in possession of a set of keys to a U-Haul truck, which was located two blocks from the car dealership parked at Sulphur High School,” Myers said.
No bond was set.
Two Sulphur men have been charged with three counts of drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said 33-year-old Cody D. Harris, 4106 Sherry St., and 43-year-old Stephen T. Mercer, 675 Bryan St., were arrested Thursday morning following a traffic stop.
“When the deputy approached the SUV and spoke with the men they began to act suspiciously,” Myers said. “The deputy found two bags of marijuana, three bags of crystal meth, 18 Klonopin pills, five Xanax pills, a digital scale, two spoons, three syringes filled with a cloudy liquid and two empty syringes.”
Harris was also charged with first-offense marijuana possession, driving with a suspended license. Mercer was also charged with third-offense marijuana possession.
Harris’ bond was set at $20,000 while Mercer’s was set at $10,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• James Lee Parker, 31, 710 Kingsley St. — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $100,000.
• Marcus James Jacobs, 33, 2207 Tulip St. — theft over $1,500, unauthorized entry of a critical infrastructure. Bond: $5,000.
• Jimmy Guillory, 28, 2021 Cessford St. — five counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, second-offense marijuana possession, moving violation, driving with a suspended license. Bond: $5,000.
• Erika Evette Arceneaux, 40, 2435 Poplar St. — forgery, criminal mischief. Bond: $5,000.
• Eulice Duhon, 69, 2035 Katherine St. — third-offense DWI, driving with a suspended license, moving violation.
• Bobby Davis, 33, 414 Morning Glory Lane, Westlake — second-offense marijuana possession, second-offense possession of drug paraphernalia, drug use in presence of juveniles.
• Jacob Dean Porche, 31, 615 Gayle St., Cameron — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of a weapon.