Last Modified: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:19 PM
A 27-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with carjacking, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said John Andonovan Vital, 2624 Colfax St., was arrested early Tuesday morning.
“We received a call at approximately 10:28 a.m. Tuesday morning,” Kraus said. “The victim said he leaving a business (in Lake Charles) when he was approached by a black male, later identified as Vital, who asked him for a ride and assistance in retrieving some property.
“The victim agreed and allowed Vital into his vehicle. Vital then allegedly lured the victim out of his vehicle and used force to take the victim’s keys and vehicle. We sent out a bulletin to neighboring law enforcement agencies on this incident.”
Kraus said Vital was picked up about an hour later by the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Bond was set at $15,000.
A Sulphur man and Lake Charles woman are facing a host of charges after burglarizing a Vinton home in May, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said 25-year-old Scott A. Thibodeaux, 1325 E. Burton St., and 35-year-old Rhiannon Marie Mott, 35, 940 Kirby St., have been charged with unauthorized entry to inhabited dwelling.
Thibodeaux, who was also charged with resisting arrest by flight and possession of burglary tools, was arrested May 28 in Kentucky. He was transported to Calcasieu Parish on June 28 and remained in jail Wednesday on a $7,000 bond.
Mott, who also charged with drug possession, was arrested on May 12. She was released after posting a $7,500 bond.
A 20-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with indecent behavior with a juvenile.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Richard Samuel Jimney was arrested Tuesday morning by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Bond was set at $5,000 for Jimney, 4606 Louisiana Ave.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Burnadette Watt Higgins, 33, 2407 Anita Drive — failure to return or surrender a leased moveable. Bond: $7,500.
• Dorsen C. Durosseaux, 45, 714 Lawrence St. — second-offense possession of drug paraphernalia, walking on a highway or interstate, open-container violation. Bond: $1,500.
• William David Stawecki, 27, 1855 Hollyvale Dr., Moss Bluff — drug possession, simple battery, domestic abuse battery, simple criminal damage to property, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $1,500.
• Damon Danta Ledoux, 31, 1921 N. Simmons St. — criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, battery of an officer. Bond: $1,000.
• Travis Wayne Willard, 49, 1829 S. Tallowwood Drive — domestic abuse battery.