Last Modified: Friday, May 03, 2013 5:38 PM
James Bertrand has been arrested on drug charges for the third week in a row.
Bertrand, 51, 3945 S. Blue Sage Road, the founder of the local Just for Jesus rallies, was arrested early Thursday morning at L’Auberge, the site of one of his earlier arrests.
After an altercation led to his arrest at L’Auberge on April 17, Bertrand was banned from the casino and resort, said Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers.
Bertrand returned to L’Auberge on Wednesday and “became irate and refused to leave,” Myers said.
A glass smoking device was in plain view inside Bertrand’s van, leading deputies to search the vehicle, in which they found crack cocaine and another smoking device, she said.
Bertrand was charged with remaining in a place after being forbidden, drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
He was booked into Calcasieu Correctional Center in the early hours of Thursday and was out by 10 p.m. on a $3,500 commercial bond.
Less than three days after being released from prison a 37-year-old Lake Charles man has been arrested and is facing a host of new charges.
Lake Charles Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Michael Ray Hagger, 206 Clement St., was arrested Wednesday night and charged with simple burglary, theft over $500, resisting an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond was set at $8,000.
According to records from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office, Hagger was released from prison Monday afternoon. He spent 14 days in the Correctional Center for criminal mischief and a parole violation.
Kraus said his department received a call at 10:27 p.m. Wednesday from the Howard Johnson Hotel on Broad Street in reference to a suspicious male walking in the parking lot.
“The subject was wearing pajama pants and a white T-shirt and was pulling on door handles of vehicles,” Kraus said. “The investigation revealed that Hagger was in the process of car hopping. Hagger allegedly went into a vehicle in the 900 block of South Division Street and removed several items without the victim’s permission.”
JENNINGS — Two men have been charged with possession of stolen property, authorities said.
Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Christopher Ivey said 18-year-old Kyle Reed, 7051 Grand Marais Road, Jennings, and 19-year-old Colby Manuel, 7216 Sandy Hill Road, Roanoke, were arrested Friday. Bond was set at $5,000 each.
Ivey said an ATV was reported stolen from a home on Farm Supply Road Wednesday morning.
“Deputies later stopped two men riding four-wheelers and documented the operators’ identification and description and serial numbers of the four-wheelers,” Ivey said. “Detectives discovered the stolen four-wheeler matched one of the ones the two men were riding.
“During questioning the suspect admitted to the theft and the stolen four-wheeler was recovered from Manuel’s home.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Phenique Rashad Johnson, 21, 3233 Cottage Drive — armed robbery, armed robbery with a firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Bond: $200,000.
• Sherard L. Chavis, 39, 957 Beulah St., Sulphur — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $45,000.
• Jarette Dwayne Ewing, 31, 2223 Hickory St., Sulphur — false imprisonment, simple battery. Bond: $15,500.
• Kenneth Allen, 43, 1607 4th Ave. — simple burglary, issuing worthless check under $500. Bond: $10,100.
• J.L. Fontenot, 22, 1314 N. Goos Blvd. — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Anthony Declues, 48, 814 N. Booker St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $10,000.
• Kenneth Bryant, 22, 4355 Presely Park Drive — attempt and conspiracy, prohibited acts false representation. Bond: $5,000.
• Luther Kevin Hicks, 45, 1090 Clark Road — first-offense DWI, driving with a suspended license, drug possession, two counts of direct contempt of court. Bond: $4,500.
• Marvin Wayne Istre, 42, 1371 W. Dave Dugas Road, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery, aggravated assault with a firearm. Bond: $2,500.
• Christopher Dean Carter, 22, 1110 Lori Lane, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $2,500.
• Kenneth W. Doucet, 22, 811 N. Malcolm St. — domestic abuse battery, resisting a police office with force or violence. Bond: $1,500.
• Katherine Elizabeth Lejeune, 19, 331 Quelqueshue St., Sulphur — simple battery. Bond: $250.
• Romie Dee Davis, 24, 112 E. Lyons St., Sulphur — theft over $500, disturbing the peace.
• Sergio Reyes Castillo, 47, 5101 U.S. 90 West, No. 2, Vinton — aggravated battery, domestic abuse battery.
• Scott Matthew Lugrin, 30, 611 Loftin Road, Westlake — simple battery, theft $500 to $1,500.
• Melinda Gail Gradney, 36, 707 14th St. — domestic abuse battery.
• Dillon Craig Thompson, 19, 1045 Walters St., No. 203 — possession of a firearm in presence of drugs, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Andrew Eldon Thomas, 49, 141 Starlin Drive, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, moving violation.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Tomel Henry, 21, DeRidder — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Floyd Hays, 22, DeRidder — drug possession, possession of a weapon.
• Raheem Gamble, 19, DeRidder — drug possession, probation violation.
• Terrance Baggett, 21, DeRidder — drug possession, probation violation.
• Kim Scott, 20, DeRidder — drug possession.
• Kdarrel Watson, 22, DeRidder — drug possession.
• Samantha Giles, 21, Leesville — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Laura Hooper, 22, Alexandria — drug possession.