Last Modified: Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:19 PM
A 48-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with two counts of attempted second-degree murder.
Wanda Gail Lacey, 2516 Ribbeck Ave., was arrested Tuesday night by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
“Lacey shot at a family member and their passenger while they were sitting in a car at Lacey’s house,” said Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers. “There were several bullet holes in the car but neither person was injured.”
Laceywas charged with two counts of attempted second-degree murder, two counts of attempted drug possession and one count of attempt possession of a stolen firearm.
Bond was set at $60,000.
A 19-year-old Moss Bluff man has been arrested after beating two elderly family members, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Austin Lee Dailey was arrested May 10.
“On May 8, deputies were dispatched to a home in Moss Bluff in reference to a disturbance,” Myers said Thursday in a news release. “Deputies discovered Dailey had struck two elderly family members, ages 80 and 83, numerous times and fled the scene. The investigation also revealed Dailey had previous altercations with the family members.”
Myers said Dailey confirmed the allegations made by the family members.
He was charged with two counts of cruelty to the infirmed.
Judge Michael Canaday set bond at $250,000 and signed a stay-away order, preventing Dailey from having contact with the victims.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Donovon Lindsey Clophus, 31, 2898 Flora Road — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $250,000.
• Terrance Jarold Thomas, 20, 1724 Channel St. — theft $500 to $1,500, simple burglary, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $18,500.
• Melvin Clay Blake, 19, 1323 St. Mary Drive — theft $500 to $1,500, simple burglary, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $17,500.
• Sharhonda Nichole Smith, 28, 2913 General Doolittle Ave. — second-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $5,000.
• Bradley Daniel Wolfe, 21, 224 Vickie Lane — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $4,500.
• Lloyd Quinton Thibodeaux, 30, 1904 N. Jake St. — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,500.
• Varrick Paul Simien, 38, 1120 Athalee St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, simple burglary, theft over $1,500.
• Robert Lee Crain, 47, 625 N. Claiborne St., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery.
• Austin Dean Pauley, 21, 136 Vincent Drive, Sulphur — first-offense marijuana possession, two non-moving violations, drug use in presence of a juvenile, possession of a weapon during commission of a crime or presence of a drug.
• Ray Allen Lawrence, 39, 1736 Elm St. — resisting an officer with force or violence, theft under $500, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000.
• Timothy Scott LeBlanc, 54, 3717 Kingston Place, Lake Charles — drug possession, probation violation.
• Leslie Wayne Lewis, 32, 2610 Demarest St. — attempted theft under $300, criminal trespass.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Michael Allen Hetzel, 39, Vidor, Texas — no license plate, no license, switched license plates, no registration, no insurance.
• Jennifer Gaudin Shanahan, 34, North Broadway, Erath — hit and run, reckless operation, public intimidation, resisting officer by force.