Zachary Ryan Droddy and Michele Ruth Elliot. (Special to the American Press)
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:51 PM
A Sulphur couple has been arrested and a child removed from their home after authorities said they found meth.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Zachary Ryan Droddy, 25, and Michele Ruth Elliot, 19, were arrested Sunday at their home at 4200 Maplewood Drive, Apt. 309.
“Deputies were dispatched after receiving a complaint regarding the welfare of a child due to possible drug activity,” Myers said Wednesday in a news release. “Deputies located three plastic containers containing crystal methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia inside the home.”
Myers said a 1-year-old, who was inside the apartment at the time of the arrest, was placed with family members by the Department of Children & Family Services.
Elliot and Droddy were charged with drug possession, drug use in presence of juveniles, child endangerment and possession of drug paraphernalia. Elliot, who was also charged with obstruction of justice, was released Tuesday after posting a $3,000 bond. Droddy remained in jail Wednesday on a $2,500 bond.
Two Lake Charles residents are facing drug charges after their arrest Tuesday afternoon, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
David Wayne Hungerford, 37, and Lynsey Rebecca Mhire, 32, were arrested by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office at their home at 7540 Ling Road.
Both were charged with creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory and drug possession.
Bond was pending.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Diana Marie Blair, 36, 2825 3rd St. — theft over $1,500, simple burglary of inhabited dwelling. Bond: $24,000.
• Steven Joseph Hebert, 37, 406 E. 16th St., Moss Bluff — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, suspended license, loitering. Bond: $6,500.
• Brad Adam Hutchins, 28, 6436 Barton Drive — theft over $1,500, purse snatching, firearm possession by convicted felon.
• Nacal LaFlair Smith, 27, 1705 See St. — firearm possession by convicted felon.
• Colen Matthew Cole, 19, 710 W. McNeese St. — theft $500 to $1,500, simple burglary of inhabited dwelling.
• Tammy Bradberry, 46, 7993 Old Hecker Road, Iowa — two counts of drug possession, possession of counterfeit drug with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Jowanna Lynn Vital, 31, 1524 Fournet St. — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Christie Michelle Garner, 30, 270 Leo Garmer Road, DeRidder — drug possession.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.