A 30-year-old Moss Bluff man already in jail for burglary and theft has been accused of physically abusing a 6-year-old family member, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Gilbert J. McComb Jr., 168 Brown Road, has been charged with cruelty to juveniles after a complaint was made on July 3.
Myers said McComb, already in Calcasieu Correctional Center in connection with a June 8 burglary and theft at a home on Brown Road, confirmed that the punched the boy in the stomach and put his hands around his neck and choked him.
Judge Ron Ware set McComb’s bond at $10,000.
Four DeQuincy residents were arrested at 604 East Fourth St. over the last three days.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, 17-year-old Shawn Douglas Fruge, 19-year-old Jaylin Scott Love and 17-year-old Mathew Lamar Stevison were arrested Saturday by the DeQuincy Police Department.
Brandi Nicole Whittington, 29, was arrested on Monday by the DeQuincy Police Department.
Fruge, 223 Logan Lane, and Stevison, 617 Oak St., were charged with motor vehicle theft, three counts of simple burglary, possession of stolen things, marijuana possession with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond was set at $35,500 for both men.
Love, 217 Kelly St., was charged with encouraging or contributing to child delinquency, dependency or neglect. Bond was set at $1,000.
Whittington, 239 Logan Lane, was charged with four counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle six counts of misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of juveniles, drug possession in a drug-free zone, possession of stolen things under $500 and drug use in presence of juveniles. Her bond was set at $8,300.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Freddie Darren Cole, 42, 137 Red Rose Drive, Sulphur — third-offense DWI. Bond: $25,000.
• Travis Scott Marange, 26, 1307 W. Kent Drive, Sulphur — two counts of drug possession. Bond: $8,000.
• Nakelin Jlon Williams, 18, 3521 Greinwich Blvd. — aggravated assault of a firearm. Bond: $5,000.
• Kari Layne Khan, 26, 520 E. LaGrange St., No. 12 — bank fraud. Bond: $5,000.
• David Ethan Spears, 22, 5808 E. Pinewood Drive — aggravated battery.
• Malcom Barnett, 52, 1900 Center St., Vinton — second-degree battery.
• Ashley Meredith Orman, 32, 2504 Stanton St. — four counts of drug possession, non-moving violations.
• Mario Barrazacorral, 38, Garland, Texas — four counts of drug possession with intent to distribute.