Two convicted sex offenders living in Lake Charles were arrested Tuesday for failing to comply with registration laws, according to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center.
Troy Lee Williams, 2931 7th St., No. 2, was arrested at his home and charged with failure to register as a sex offender or child predator. His bond was set at $5,000. Williams, 47, was charged with sexual battery and obscenity in 2011 after being arrested during a sting operation by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Andrew Moss Jr., 1233 Mayo St., was charged with failure to comply with sex offender identification requirements. Bond was set at $5,000.
Moss, 31, was convicted of carnal knowledge of a juvenile in 2002 and failure to register as a sex offender in 2007.
Two men have been charged with criminal conspiracy and theft $500 to $1,500, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said 49-year-old Jesse R. Jones III, 2217 Duke St., and 49-year-old Raleigh J. Reeves, 583 E. Telephone Road, were arrested early Wednesday morning.
“Due to numerous recent thefts from a Moss Bluff business Sheriff’s Office detectives conducted a stake out,” Myers said Wednesday in a news release. “During the stake out, detectives observed a truck with two men (Jones and Reeves), enter the property of the business.”
Myers said Jones and Reeves were apprehended without incident and detectives recovered an air conditioner unit, valued at over $1,200, that was stolen from the business.
“When questioned, Jones and Reeves confirmed they stole the air conditioner unit that night,” Myers said. “They also confirmed they stole another air conditioner unit, tools, coils and a condenser from the business on two previous nights.”
Myers said Jones was in possession of a baggy containing suspected methamphetamine so he was also charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond for both men was set at $50,000 by Judge Kent Savoie.
A 33-year-old Vinton man has been charged with domestic abuse battery by strangulation, home invasion and simple battery.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Charles Gobert Jr. was arrested Monday night at his home at 1506 Horridge St.
Gobert was also charged with two counts of simple criminal damage to property under $500, resisting an office by flight and trespassing.
Partial bond was set at $3,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Bryan Parry Baker, 18, 704 Magazine St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $5,000.
• Roy Grevemburg, 50, 3705 Evelyn St., Sulphur — two counts of domestic abuse battery. Bond: $4,000.
• Garrett James Fontenot, 19, 1427 Guadalupe St., Sulphur — drug possession. Bond: $4,000.
• Eddie J. Thomas, 60, 1919 11th St. — unlawful refusal to submit to a chemical test, two moving violations, non-moving violation. Bond: $2,600.
• Matthew James Harrison, 26, 5297 Elliott Road — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,500.
• Tony Rebecca Hoyt, 37, 2101 Pujol Road — theft under $500, first-offense marijuana possession, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $1,500.
• Anthony Kyle Purkel, 29, 3098 Hillery Road — attempted home invasion, trespassing, first-offense utility theft.
• Derek James Menard, 33, 321 Louie St. — domestic abuse battery of a pregnant victim.