A 66-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with obscenity after exposing himself inside the men’s restroom near the kids’ water fountain at the Lake Charles Civic Center, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Floyd J. Fontenot, 4118 Harvard St., was arrested Wednesday.
Myers said Fontenot was one of the 11 men arrested in November 2011 during a sting operation in the same restroom. Fontenot was charged with obscenity.
Bond has not been set.
“Following this incident, the Sheriff’s Office has increased patrol around the bathrooms at the Civic Center,” Myers said.
A 28-year-old Lake Charles man, a convicted felon, is facing a host of new charges.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Donald Ray Jackson was arrested early Thursday morning.
He has been charged with four counts of violations of protective orders, terrorizing, aggravated flight from an officer, four counts of flight from an officer, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and driving with a suspended license.
Bond was set at $8,000.
Jackson, 2429 Dewey St., was convicted of cocaine possession in 2005. He was given three years probation and a suspended three-year prison sentence.
A man and woman from Sulphur are facing numerous charges.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, 38-year-old John Carroll Comeaux and 31-year-old Lynsie Brook Courmier have been charged with creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, first-offense marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Comeaux was also charged with no vehicle registration and driving with a suspended license. He remained in jail Friday on a $25,000 bond.
Courmier, 1122 W. Verdine Road, Lot 90, was also charged with drug possession. She remained in jail on a $10,000 bond.
A 23-year-old Moss Bluff man and a 16-year-old juvenile have been charged burglary and theft, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Zachary D. Collins, 525 Vickie Lane, and the juvenile were arrested Thursday morning.
“Collins and the juvenile were seen walking down East Telephone Road, each pushing a trash can,” Myers said Friday in a news release. “Deputies discovered seven large batteries, worth over $1,500, in the trash cans.
“When questioned by deputies Collins and the juvenile confirmed they stole the batteries from a business on East Telephone Road.”
Both were charged with simple burglary and theft over $1,500. Collins was also charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and given a $10,000 bond.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Ivan Lee Ashworth, 18, 921 Ivy St., Sulphur — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $60,000.
• John Paul Landry, 19, 921 Ivy St., Sulphur — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $50,000.
• Tionne Perry, 17, 609 Peck St., Sulphur — simple burglary. Bond: $25,000.
• Tommy Lee Rush, 20, 2890 Delta Downs Road, Vinton — intimidating, impeding or injuring witnesses, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $10,000.
• Brian Anthony Pettis, 37, 1673 Heard Road — two counts of drug possession. Bond: $10,000.
• Allen Brister, 38, 315 Doiron St., Sulphur — theft over $500, criminal trespass. Bond: $10,000.
• Anthony William Gallien, 48, 1426 N. Prater St. — two counts of drug possession, fuel theft. Bond: $5,000.
• Vanessa Thurman, 46, 1222 Mayo St. — aggravated battery. Bond: $3,500.
• Tiffany Nicole Bruno, 30, 8254 5th Ave., Apt. 221B — theft under $500, criminal trespass, disturbing the peace, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,500.
• Neiko Lamar Orphey, 23, 460 W. Telephone Road — drug possession. Bond: $2,500.
• James Lee Parker, 30, 710 Kingsley St. — first-offense DWI, hit and run driving, careless operation, no driver’s license. Bond: $1,850.
• Tyre Jermaine Williams, 39, 1116 Sage Drive — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, non-moving violation. Bond: $1,000.
• Betty Thompson, 56, 706 N. Huntington St., Sulphur — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, obstruction of justice.
• Elisha Joy Guidry, 36, P.O. 881, Iowa — unauthorized use of a movable, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Yani Haki Vincent, 20, 2227 Evergreen Road, Westlake — violations of protective orders.
• Hayward Tezeno, 47, 313 Glenn St. — unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling.
• Ashley Abshire, 23, 810 W. Burton St., Sulphur — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Rene Willis, 41, 810 Claibourne, Lot 17, Sulphur — drug possession.
• Darryl Johnson, 56, 2024 Woodring St. — theft under $500.