Last Modified: Friday, January 25, 2013 2:47 PM
A 40-year-old Vinton man was re-arrested on Thursday and charged with eight counts of aggravated incest, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Christopher S. Benoit, 2212 Hillary Drive, was previously arrested on Jan. 17 and charged with two counts of aggravated rape and one count of aggravated incest.
Myers said Benoit is accused of having sexual contact with family member on numerous occasions, beginning in 2009 when the girl was 9 years old.
“After his arrest, the investigation continued and detectives received a separate complaint regarding Benoit sexually abusing another female family member on numerous occasions between 1988 and 1993,” Myers said Friday in a news release. “The victim was delayed in reporting the abuse for personal reasons but the investigation revealed Benoit had sexual contact with the female relative, who was 6 years old at the time the incidents began.”
Judge Clayton Davis Benoit’s bond at $2,000,000 on the new charges, bringing his total bond to $2,700,000 for both arrests. He has been in jail since the arrest on Jan. 17.
Myers said victims of sexual crimes have 30 years after their 18th birthday to report incidents to law enforcement.
Detective Elizabeth Zaunbrecher was the lead investigator on both cases.