Last Modified: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:55 PM
Four Texas residents have been arrested following an undercover operation by the Combined Anti-Drug Task Force, authorities said.
Lake Charles Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said 53 pounds of high-grade marijuana was confiscated.
“Detectives from the C.A.T. team received information that Bouasay Norkeo was meeting with a subject at a convenience store," Kraus said Tuesday in a news release. “Norkeo arrived and was arrested for being in possession of the 53 pounds of marijuana.
“Detectives discovered that three other people assisted Norkeo in getting the marijuana delivered to Lake Charles.”
Kraus said 39-year-old Tony Chounlamany, 36-year-old Khammy Norkeo and 38-year-old Jenny Nivone were arrested at local casino.
All four were charged with marijuana possession with intent to distribute.
Bond for the 44-year-old Bouasay Norkeo was set at $240,000, Chounlamany’s bond was set at $140,000 and Khammy Norkeo and Jenny Nivone were given $125,000 bonds.
Two men were arrested Sunday for attempting to break into an enclosed trailer at a residence in the 2700 block of 1st Avenue, authorities said.
The two men said they were trying to recover stolen property, but a subsequent search of the trailer revealed no stolen property, Mark Kraus, Deputy Chief of Police, said.
Russell Lynn Joubert, 43, 431 Reid Street, and Curtis Tyrone Chenier, 34, 1608 8th Avenue, were both arrested and charged with attempted simple burglary of a vehicle.
Kraus said Joubert and Chenier left the residence following an argument with a third person, but were brought back to the scene by Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Officers.
A Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office investigation into stolen ATVs has turned up another four-wheeler in the Sandy Hill area of Roanoke, authorities said.
Kyle Reed, 18, 7051 Grand Marais Road, Jennings, and Colby Manuel, 19, 7216 Sandy Hill Road, Roanoke, were arrested Friday and charged with theft in regards to stolen Honda four-wheeler.
Chris Ivey, Jeff Davis sheriff’s office spokesman, said officers found the stolen four-wheeler at Manuel’s home.
A second ATV was reported stolen Monday morning, which detectives found in a barn on Sandy Hill Road, Ivey said.
He said Reed and Manuel admitted to stealing the four-wheeler.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Roger Dale Rhew, 42, 929 John Stine Road, Westlake — fourth-offense DWI, speeding.
• Lloyd G. Sargent Jr., 56, 2244 La. 3059 — failure to comply with sex offender identification requirements, first-offense DWI, careless operation, moving violation.
• Christopher Paul Adams, 24, 1887 Arsene Road, No. 42 — second-offense DWI, two counts of driving with a suspended license, ignition interlock device offenses, moving violation. Bond: $26,000.
• James Edward Spikes, 48, 1701 Sunset Drive — theft over $500. Bond: $15,000.
• Heidi Megan Hebert, 28, 2705 Oliver Road, Westlake — theft $500 to $1,500, drug possession. Bond: $12,000.
• Dondi Wright, 32, 1202 Sabinas Drive, Vinton — two counts of cruelty to juveniles. Bond: $10,000.
• Kendall Detron Sample, 34, 310 E. Brimstone St., Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, three counts of encouraging or contributing to child delinquency, dependency or neglect, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $8,000.
• William Leonard Johnson, 50, 2187 E. Gauthier Road — driving with a suspended license, trespassing. Bond: $2,500.
• Dylan Wade Youngblood, 20, 1735 N. Woodland Drive — theft under $300, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $1,500.
• Joshua Jermaine Banks, 32, 1725 13th St. — cruelty to juveniles.
• David Wayne Spell, 21, 3821 Venable Drive, Westlake — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, two weapons charges.
• Laketra Lashy Johnson, 20, 934 East St., Vinton — cruelty to juveniles.
• Brittany Michelle Lane, 22, 3098 Hillery Road, No. 14 — aggravated battery.