Last Modified: Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:17 PM
A 31-year-old Texas woman has been charged with simple burglary and theft over $500, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman James McGee said Stacia L. Morris, of Port Neches, was arrested March 30.
“Around 1:45 a.m., deputies were dispatched regarding a complaint of a suspicious pick-up truck at a home on US 109 in Vinton,” McGee said. “Deputies found the truck with an attached utility trailer containing a washing machine, mattress, entertainment console, and a dolly, backed up to the porch of the home.
“Deputies also discovered the back door of the home had been forced open. Deputies later located Morris hiding inside a building on the property.
Judge Robert Wyatt set Morris’ bond at $5,500.
Cpl. Jonathan Ruffin was the arresting deputy while Detective Darrell Fontenot was the lead investigator.
A Sulphur man has been charged with theft after stealing money from an 93-year-old man, authorities said.
Sulphur Police spokesman Mel Estess said 42-year-old Anthony D. Jenkins, Carr Lane, was arrested Wednesday afternoon.
“Around 4 p.m., officers were dispatched to Phillips Street in connection with a robbery,” Estess said. “Officers learned that the suspect walked up to the home of elderly man, took an envelope containing money out of his shirt pocket and ran. The victim’s son and a neighbor chased the suspect and managed to catch and detain him until police arrived.”
Jenkins’ bond was set at $10,000 by Judge Wilfred Carter.
State police will conduct a DWI checkpoint Saturday at an undisclosed location in Calcasieu Parish.
Troop D spokesman Sgt. James Anderson said the checkpoint will be from 9 p.m. Saturday to 2 a.m. Sunday.
“Our mission will be to find and remove impaired drivers from the road before they can cause injury or death to themselves or others,” Anderson said. “Motorists are asked to remember to designate a sober driver before traveling to any place where alcohol will be consumed. Drive sober or get pulled over.”
To report an impaired driver, can the state police at *LSP (*577).
Support for this checkpoint is provided by the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission, Anderson said.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Desmond Lamont Lafleur, 19, 2224 Phillip Court — forcible rape. Bond: $30,000.
• Una Mae Monceaux, 37, 982 Ranchette Drive, Sulphur — three counts of drug possession. Bond: $50,000.
• Terry Paul Monceaux, 37, 982 Ranchette Drive, Sulphur — drug possession. Bond: $15,000.
• Brandon Michael Picou, 28, 1330 W. McNeese St. — second-degree battery. Bond: $15,000.
• Dolan Lee Richard, 39, 802 1/2 Loree St., Vinton — simple burglary, theft under $500, simple criminal damage to property $500-$50,000, illegal use of a weapon. Bond: $10,000.
• Hunter Blake Steveson, 17, 802 1/2 Loree St., Vinton — simple burglary, theft under $500, simple criminal damage to property $500-$50,000, illegal use of a weapon. Bond: $3,500.
• Philip Anthony Viator, 18, 802 Loree St., Vinton — simple burglary, theft under $500, simple criminal damage to property $500-$50,000, illegal use of a weapon. Bond: $3,500.
• Steven Wayne Turner, 20, 2491 St. Anthony Lane, Sulphur — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, alcoholic beverage in a vehicle. Bond: $3,500.
• David Wayne Siverand, 51, 501 N. Booker St. — drug possession, driving with a suspended license, moving violation. Bond: $2,100.
• Chance Joseph Sonnier, 21, 920 Mulberry St., No. 20, Westlake — unauthorized use of an access card over $500. Bond: $2,000.
• Jessie Dale Loftin, 45, 2319 Evelia St., Westlake — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,000.•
• Roddriq Deshan Burns, 17, 2347 W. Dave Dugas Road, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,000.
• Craig Joseph Derouen, 50, 1389 Bayleaf Drive — theft over $1,500.
• Alvin Willie Richard, 35, 621 Pryce St. — theft $500-$1,500.
• Brandy Celeste Stelly, 29, 608 Fontenot Road, Westlake — theft $500-$1,500.
• Joshua Byrd Hardin, 27, 1700 8th Ave. — drug possession, resisting an officer. The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests: • Jason Michael Heim, 37, West Parish Road, Sulphur — theft.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Jason Michael Heim, 37, West Parish Road, Sulphur — theft.