Last Modified: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:14 PM
A 21-year-old Sulphur man arrested recently in Texas was charged this week with breaking into a Mackey Street home in 2011 after fingerprint evidence linked him to the crime, authorities said.
David D. Johnson Jr., arrested on a warrant in Jefferson County, Texas, admitted stealing jewelry, electronics and more than $1,500 in cash from the home on Sept. 12, 2011, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said.
Johnson, of 521 Prater Road, was charged with simple burglary, theft over $1,500 and simple criminal property damage. Bond was set at $40,000.
He was awaiting extradition to Calcasieu Parish on Thursday.
The Sheriff’s Office also reported the following arrests:
• Eva N. Sensat, 32, 710 College St., Lake Charles — two counts of running a clandestine drug lab; possession of methamphetamine, alprazolam and drug paraphernalia; and two counts of possession of a Legend drug. Bond: $20,500.
• Richard P. Verrett, 46, 710 E. College St., Lake Charles — two counts of running a clandestine drug lab and possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. Bond: $14,500.
• Melanie Barber, 40, 1496 Sutherland Road, Lake Charles — two counts of running a clandestine drug lab and possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. Bond: $13,500.
• Roy Woodard, 41, 546 Cob Circle, Moss Bluff — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and theft under $500. Bond: $16,000.
Sulphur police reported the following arrest:
• Eugene Jones, 34, Flintridge Drive, Stone Mountain, Ga. — simple marijuana possession, illegal use of currency and obstruction of justice.