Last Modified: Friday, February 15, 2013 1:41 PM
Qualifying ends at 5 p.m. today for the April 6 elections in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Jefferson Davis and Vernon parishes. No elections are slated in Cameron Parish.
Elections for the Jennings City Council seats have been delayed pending U.S. Justice Department approval of a new redistricting plan. The mayoral election will be held as scheduled.
Here is a list of candidates who have qualified as of Thursday, with (I) indicating incumbents:
• Ward 1 constable — “Blackie” LeBlue and Earl Morrow.
• Lake Charles mayor: Randall “Randy” Roach (I).
• Lake Charles City Council — District A, Marshall Simien Jr. (I); District B, Lionel H. Taylor and Luvertha August (I); District C, Rodney Geyen (I); District D, John Ieyoub (I); District E, Stuart Weatherford (I); District F, Dana Carl Jackson (I); and District G, Mark Eckard (I).
• Vinton mayor — Kenneth Stinson (I).
• Vinton council (five at large) — Bliss Bujard (I); William “B.B.” Loyd (I); Richard Huval; Harold Douga (I); Kevin Merchant (I); and Marcus Renfrow.
• Vinton police chief — Ricky Fox (I) and Arthur Phillips Sr.