Sulphur man reaches plea deal, will be sentenced April 24

By By Johnathan Manning / American Press

A Sulphur man accused of several charges in separate incidents reached a plea agreement Monday.

John Wesley Billiot pleaded no contest to three counts of aggravated battery, two counts of armed robbery, two counts of armed

robbery with a firearm and one count of obscenity, said District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Holly Carter.

Billiot faced charges of attempted second-degree murder and two counts of forcible rape, as well as four counts of tattooing

a minor. The jail roster at Calcasieu Correctional Center lists 22 charges for him.

He is to be sentenced on April 24, Carter said.

Authorities accused Billiot of raping a 13-year-old girl twice between November 2010 and January 2011. Officials also said

he tattooed his name on the victim’s right calf and her mother’s name on her left calf.

Billiot was accused of beating two juveniles and a man with a baseball bat in two separate incidents in January 2011.

Authorities said that on Jan. 3, 2011, Billiot and a woman, Tonya Boulay Rushing, drove two boys, ages 17 and 15, to a secluded

area in Edgerly, where they made them strip to their underwear and beat them with a baseball bat.

He was charged with two counts of aggravated battery, armed robbery and simple kidnapping.

Court documents show Billiot was indicted on murder charges in relation to a Jan. 15, 2011, incident.

The sheriff’s report alleges that Billiot and another man, Scott Melancon, took the victim to an empty field off La. 109 and

beat him with a baseball bat, then left him in the field.

Skipper pleads guilty to cruelty to juvenile

A woman accused of principal to aggravated rape pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of cruelty to a juvenile Monday, District

Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Holly Carter said.

Janice Skipper, 35, was given two years in the Calcasieu Correctional Center; a 10-year suspended prison sentence; and five

years’ supervised probation, she said.

Her husband, Damon Troy Skipper, 46, remains jailed on $850,000 bond.

Authorities said the assault occurred between March 1, 2010, and Oct. 31, 2010.


Deon Granger’s second-degree murder case was continued to Feb. 25, and William Paul Morgan’s kidnapping case was continued

to June 24.