A 32-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with three DWIs in less than three months, state police said.
Sgt. James Anderson said Desireah Annette Chapman was arrested Thursday night after being pulled over while on La. 3059.
Anderson said Chapman, whose driver’s license is suspended due to a previous DWI, was charged with third-offense DWI, driving under suspension and improper lane usage.
Chapman faces up to 5 1/2 years in prison and up to a $2,000 fine for driving under suspension and third-offense DWI.
Anderson said Troop D arrested Chapman for DWI with child endangerment in November 2012.
"She had a 6-year-old child with her in the vehicle at the time of the arrest," Anderson said. "Last month, troopers arrested Chapman for second-offense DWI.
"In 2011, 50 percent of people who died in crashes investigated by Troop D were killed by impaired drivers. To report impaired drivers, motorists are encouraged to dial *LSP (*577) from their cellular phone or to contact their local law enforcement agency."
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reports the following bookings:
• Antonio Scoggins, 39, 2605 Pineview St., Lake Charles — aggravated second-degree battery.
• Jennifer Trahan, 47, 111 Bermuda Circle, Scott — produce, manufacture, distribute or possess with intent to distribute Schedule II Narcotics. Bond: $15,000
• Kaleb Tyler Shaw, 21, 305 S. Perkins St., DeQuincy — domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace.
• Dallas D. Durgan, 33, 642 Enterprise Blvd., Lake Charles — indecent behavior with juveniles, contributing to the delinquency of juveniles.
• Matthew Brian Hogan, 17, 3738 Heather Lane, Lake Charles — simple burglary, theft under $500.
• Leigh Brandy Trahan, 35, 2203 Walker Drive, Westlake — possession of a controlled dangerous substance, Schedule III; drug paraphernalia. Bond: $4,000.
• Michael Eric Richard, 34, 2463 LaFleur Drive, Lake Charles — indecent behavior with juveniles. Bond: $5,000.
• Jordan Michael Nicosia, 19, 822 Chay Drive, Lake Charles — simple burglary, theft over $500.
• Delton James Franklin, 26, 5905 Corbina Road, Lake Charles — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,500.
• Jessie Daniels Burns, 46, 1701 Third St., Lake Charles — distribution of possession of Schedule I drug; possession of marijuana.
• David A. Cole, 54, 380 Bart Young Road, Merryville — prohibited acts, drug paraphernalia; possession of a controlled dangerous substance, Schedule II.
• Jesse Paul Venable, 22, 925 E. Tank Road, Lake Charles — flight from an officer, aggravated flight from an officer; distribution or possession with intent Schedule I Narcotics, possession of marijuana.
• Nicholas Ryan Mutina, 25, 904 Lake St., Westlake — simple battery and false imprisonment.