A Lake Charles man was arrested following a non-fatal shooting in the early hours of Thursday morning, authorities said.
Benjamin Lawrence Lannin, 24, 317 Jeannie Street, was charged with aggravated battery, according to Deputy Chief Mark Kraus, Lake Charles Police Department spokesman.
At about 12:41 a.m., Lake Charles police officers were dispatched to a shooting in the 300 block of 18th Street, Kraus said.
The shooting victim was transported to a local hospital with a non-life threatening injury, Kraus said.
Officers learned that the incident began with an argument, which led to a physical altercation, which led to Lannin pulling a firearm, Kraus said.
A DeQuincy woman was arrested in Texas and charged with attempted second-degree murder.
Sugar Ray Alexander, 31, 781 Deloras Pullard Road, was arrested in Beaumont, Texas, around noon Tuesday and returned to Louisiana, according to the booking sheet at Calcasieu Correctional Center.
She is also charged with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
Her bond was set at $800,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Chasity Sue Choate, 34, 239, N. Perkins St., Apt. 44, DeQuincy — two counts of aggravated battery. Bond: $50,000.
• Donavon Marquez Guillory, 19, 1421 Mill St., Lake Charles — two counts of resisting an officer, disturbing the peace, obstruction of public passage, color of clearance lamps, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts of contempt of court. Bond: $14,000.
• Alecia Pearce Joseph, 44, 108 Jane, Chauvin — illegal possession of stolen things over $500. Bond: $10,000.
• Corey James Anderson, 20, 932 Tallow Road, Apt. 39, Lake Charles — illegal possession of stolen things, theft under $500. Bond: $2,750.
• Michael Ray Hagger, 37, 806 Clement St., Lake Charles — simple burglary, theft over $500, resisting an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,500.
• Donaven C. Thibodeaux, 23, 1607 N. Malcolm St., Lake Charles — second-offense DWI, flight from an officer, operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offenses, operating a vehicle while license is suspended. Bond: $2,500.
• Randall James Gaspard, 54, 2020 Thorn Road, Lake Charles — simple criminal damage less than $500. Bond: $1,000.
• Trinity Caitlin Martin, 23, 7114 Corbina Road, No. 48, Lake Charles — domestic abuse battery/child endangerment. Bond: $1,500.
• Diamond Macio Doucette, 25, 304 Magnolia St., Lake Charles — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Mechelle Rena Jacob, 44, 602 N. Booker St., Lake Charles — simple battery, criminal trespass, disturbing the peace.
• Demaris Jennings, 30, 3624 Coachman Dr., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery, simple criminal damage between $500 and $50,000.
• Marquelle Anastasia Martin, 21, 7114 Corbina Road, No. 48, Lake Charles — domestic abuse battery/child endangerment.
• David Christopher McIntosh, 30, 3624 Coachman Dr., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery.
• Lamarcus M. Simon, 27, 204 N. Cherry St. — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute.