A 31-year-old New Llano man was captured Friday morning after he walked away from a work-release program in St. Tammy Parish, authorities said.
Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Joe Toler said Martin A. White did not return from work on Nov. 9.
“White was apprehended this morning after he was spotted in DeRidder,” Toler said. “White, who was driving a stolen pick-up, failed to negotiate a turn while being pursued on Golden Lantern Road when he crashed.”
Toler said White, serving eight years on a burglary charge, is being held without bond.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Kelvin Brown, 27, 515 Roberts Roost Drive — possession of stolen things $500 to $1,500. Bond: $30,000.
• Dexter Jameone Allen, 27, 310 Walter Road, Vinton — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, three counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $21,250.
• Andrew Joshua Jones, 21, 211 Louie St., No. 60 — four counts of forgery, first-offense marijuana possession.
• Rene Dawn Taylor, 37, 1642 Ira Breaux Road, Apt. A — eight counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to signal.
The Jefferson Davis Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Dominick James Sittig, 17, 619 Lake Arthur Ave. — simple burglary, theft, criminal damage to property.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.