A 53-year-old Sulphur man is in custody after hitting and choking a woman while trying to steal her purse, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Kevin Dwayne Trahan, 1132 W. Verdine St., was arrested Friday after an incident at the Civic Center.
“An off-duty deputy observed Trahan striking a female driver while she sat in her truck at the Civic Center,” Myers said.
Myers said Trahan forced his way through the truck’s window, grabbed the victim by her hair and demanded her purse.
“Trahan began choking the victim,” Myers said. “(She) was able to drive away, causing Trahan to fall off of the truck. He was quickly detained by the off-duty deputy.”
Trahan was charged with attempted robbery, simple battery, simple assault and resisting an officer by refusal to show ID.
Judge Michael Canaday set bond at $20,000.
JENNINGS — Two separate weekend traffic stops resulted in the seizure of more than $124,000 in cash in Jeff Davis Parish.
Corky Alexander, 61, of Louisville, Ky., was arrested Saturday on speeding and possession of drug paraphernalia charges. Alexander was reportedly going 93 mph in a 70 mph zone, said Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman Chris Ivey.
Deputies found a crack pipe and $71,910 in cash in Alexander’s vehicle but he was released due to lack of jail space, Ivey said.
On Sunday, deputies stopped another vehicle for a traffic violation. A search of the vehicle revealed $52,104 in cash, which was seized based on information from the investigation.
Two subjects were released after the investigation due to lack of jail space.
A 30-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with cruelty to a juvenile and domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Robert John Broussard, 2616 Glenlea St., was arrested at his home on Nov. 12.
“During a physical altercation with a family member Broussard stomped and kicked the victim several times in the face, causing significant swelling and bleeding,” Myers said.
Myers said Broussard also allegedly physically abused a young family member and caused severe bruising to the child’s legs.
Broussard remained in jail Monday on a $50,000 bond set by Judge Michael Canaday.
A 43-year-old Westlake man and 37-year-old Lake Charles woman are facing DWI charges after separate incidents this weekend.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Richard Henry LeDoux Jr., 821 Bee Tree St., was stopped by a deputy early Sunday morning near the intersection of Sampson and Bee Tree streets.
Myers said LeDoux, who has three previous DWI arrests since 2008, told a deputy he had be drinking at a local bar.
LeDoux, charged with fourth-offense DWI and a non-moving violation, remained in jail Monday on a $40,150 bond set by Judge Michael Canaday.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Rosaria Raynelle Cook, 628 Armstrong St., was arrested by city police on Broad Street at noon Friday.
Cook, who was charged with third-offense DWI, careless operation and driving with a suspended license, remained in jail Monday on a $32,000 bond.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• John Baker McKay, 211 N. Kinney St., Iowa, La., — sexual battery. Bond $150,000.
• Claiborne Lawrence Bergeron, 52, 321 Dalton Road, Westlake — two counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $160,000.
• Justin Gerard Guimbellot, 30, 2203 Fontenot St., Vinton — domestic abuse battery by strangulation, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment,
aggravated assault with a firearm. Bond: $75,000.
aggravated assault with a firearm. Bond: $75,000.
• Tena Marie Cormier, 51, 520 Orleander Lane, Westlake — drug possession, possession of stolen thing under $500, theft under $300. Bond: $55,000.
• Justin Ryan Fry, 30, Lafayette — theft over $1,500. Bond: $50,000.
• Christopher Louis Guillote, 32, — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $50,000.
• William Ernest Armstead, 43, 278 Burleson Road, Sulphur — failure to comply with provisions of supervised release. Bond: $25,000.
• Trent Adrain Schmidt, 23, Baton Rouge — two counts of second-degree battery. Bond: $20,000.
• Cherokee Antionett Singleton, 35, Vidor, Texas — two counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $18,000.
• Jude Damien Aguillard, 37, 2508 Stingray Drive — illegal carrying of a weapon in presence of drugs, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, suspended license, failure to signal. Bond: $13,150.
• Patrick Wayne Payne, 44, 2013 N. Lincoln St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, two non-moving violations. Bond: $11,400.
• Gustavo Garcia Jr., 18, Folsom — second-offense marijuana possession, resisting an officer, disturbing the peace. Bond: $11,000.
• Tyler Douglas Robertson, 21, 3200 Westwood Road, Westlake — drug possession, suspended license, moving violation. Bond: $10,750.
• Adam Wayne Creel, 24, 601 N. Lincoln St., No. 14 — stalking. Bond: $10,000.
• Randy Wayne Trahan, 46, 1397 Bridlewood Drive — drug possession. Bond: $10,000.
• Allen Joseph Trahan, 49, 101 Tousaint Road, Lot 64 — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond:
• Darian Michelle Simmons, 19, — unauthorized use of a food stamp card $500 to $1,500, theft under $500. Bond: $6,500.
• Jonathan Paul Carlson, 32, 3815 Burgoyne Drive — second-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, moving violation. Bond:
• Taylor James Lee, 20, 4422 Eileen St. — introducing contraband into a penal institution, illegal purchase or possession of alcohol. Bond: $5,000.
• Cassell Jerome Young III, 21, 3649 Greinwich Blvd. — possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Roy Lee Nelson Jr., 42, 2045 6th St. — domestic abuse battery by aggravated assault. Bond: $5,000.
• Roselind Rene Simien, 47, 2045 6th St. — domestic abuse battery by aggravated assault. Bond: $5,000.
• Charles Ray Withers Jr., 34, 212 Grace St. — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, aggravated assault, illegal use of weapons.
• James Farrell Picard, 31, Rachel Drive, Sulphur — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, moving violation.
• Farrah Robin Timphony, 37, 3760 S. Kendrick Road, Sulphur — two counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Byron Charles Simien, 34, 5660 Emerald Drive — resisting an officer, introducing contraband into a penal institution.
• Darrell Ray Kerlegan, 39, 1932 Winterhalter St., Apt. C — simple burglary, theft under $500.
Those listed are presumed innocent until proved guilty.