Codee Maire Hyatt, of Starks, helps magician George Mullican pull a egg from a black bag as they performed last year. (American Press Archives).
Last Modified: Friday, June 01, 2012 1:43 PM
The Calcasieu Parish Public Library is sponsoring magician George Mullican in eight public libraries as part of the Summer Reading Program.
Comedy, fun magic tricks and illusions that promote reading and library usage as pathways to achieving dreams are part of the program.
Having retired after over 32 years in law enforcement, Mullican now devotes much of his time to his magic endeavors. He is a regular performer for the Calcasieu Parish Public Library, and continues to be a favorite of the families who attend the programs.
His magic tricks are designed to teach and promote a love of reading.
The Dream Big Magic Show can be seen at the following times and locations:
Tuesday, June 12
• 10:30 a.m. at the Carnegie Memorial Library, 411 Pujo Street, 721-7084
• 1:30 p.m. at the Epps Memorial Library, 1320 N. Simmons St., 721-7090
Wednesday, June 13
• 10:30 a.m. at the Iowa Library, 107 E. 1st St., 582-3597 (Iowa residents) or 721-7101
• 2 p.m. at the Fontenot Memorial Library, 1402 Center St., Vinton, 721-7095
Thursday, June 14
• 10:30 a.m. at the Westlake Library, 937 Mulberry St., 721-7113
• 2 p.m. at the Central Library, 301 W. Claude St., 721-7116
Saturday, June 16
• 10 a.m. at the Moss Bluff Library, 261 Parish Road, 721-7128
Monday, July 9
• 10 a.m. at the Sulphur Regional Library, 1160 Cypress St., 721-7141.