Last Modified: Friday, July 26, 2013 11:09 AM
GRAND ISLE (AP) — Authorities say a 19-year-old Lockport man was electrocuted at a Grand Isle bar.
Tim Genevay, an investigator with the Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office identified the victim as Austin Odell.
Genevay told The Times-Picayune a preliminary autopsy found the cause of death to be electrocution although an investigation is still underway.
Genevay says Odell was outside the bar when he made contact with a neon sign around 12:55 a.m. Friday. He was taken to Our Lady of the Sea General Hospital in Cut Off where he was pronounced dead.