Last Modified: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:17 PM
A 26-year-old Lake Charles man has been arrested for home invasion, city police said.
David White, 6675 Hwy. 90 East, is accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s home and holding her at gunpoint in a home in the 1100 block of North Lyons Street early Tuesday morning, according to a news release from Deputy Chief Mark Kraus.
Kraus did not say how the woman got away, but said she met with officers at the corner of Opelousas and North Shattuck and informed them White was still in the residence.
Officer found him lying on a bed in her bedroom and a firearm in the house, Kraus said.
White was charged with home invasion, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Three men and one woman from Lake Charles are facing numerous charges following the armed robbery of a convenience store in Sulphur early Sunday morning, authorities said.
Sulphur Police Chief Lewis Coats said his department received a call at 12:15 a.m. about an armed robbery at the Circle K at 444 W. Burton St.
“Two men, with their faces covered, entered the store with a handgun and demanded cash,” Coats said Tuesday in a news release. “After receiving a small amount of cash, the males fled on foot.”
Coats said 21-year-old Phenique Rashad Johnson, of Cottage Drive, 17-year-old Treyvon Devonta Humphrey, of See Street, 18-year-old Ja’Marion John Edwards, of Susan Street, and 20-year-old Tamara Annette Brown, of Katherine Street, were arrested Sunday afternoon.
Johnson was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, robbery with a firearm and armed robbery. His bond was set at $200,000.
Humphrey, Edwards and Brown was charged with robbery with a firearm and armed robbery. Humphrey’s bond was set at $165,000. Bond for Edwards and Brown was set at $55,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Charles Joseph Duplechin, 22, 2131 Ethel St., Sulphur — simple burglary, theft of a firearm, simple criminal damage to property less than $500, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $172,000.
• Patricia Denise Anthony, 27, Orange, Texas — aggravated battery, simple battery, simple criminal damage to property less than $500. Bond: $29,500.
• Kathleen Dawn Vige, 36, 1601 W. 4th St., No. 41, DeQuincy — 14 counts of theft $500 to $1,500. Bond: $25,000.
• Paul Fournet Pittman, 36, 252 Pear St., DeQuincy — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a weapon by convicted felon. Bond: $111,500.
• Jessica Marie O’Quain, 33, 1236 Franklin St., Apt. D, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $10,000.
• Howard Joseph Boutte, 33, 2292 Lauderdale Road, Jennings — battery of a police officer, criminal trespass, resisting an officer. Bond: $3,500.
• Caleb Rueben Morgan, 28, 1610 Manchester Road, Iowa — second-offense DWI, drug possession, driving with a suspended license, moving violation. Bond: $2,250.
• Cole Barrett Wagnon, 19, 140 N. City Service Hwy., No. 8 — exploitation of the infirmed. Bond: $2,000.
• James Kevin Chance, 46, 192 Bud Reeves Road, Reeves — drug possession. Bond: $2,000.
• Joseph Robert Malone, 35, 13085 Friendship Drive, Walker — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory.
• Brent Edward Witsman, 45, 302 Beaugh Road — three counts of driving with a suspended license, non-moving violation.
• William Glenn Logan, 30, 581 W. Houston River Road, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery, possession of stolen firearms.
• Trevin Jamal Mitchell, 18, 1312 Meadow St. — simple battery, simple robbery.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
• Mathew Joseph Gragg, 18, Fowler Drive, Sulphur — theft.
• Angela Rene Babin, 38, Fowler Drive, Sulphur — theft.
• Haley Ann Stewart, 17, Post Oak Road, Sulphur — theft.
• King J. Johnson, 51, Orrin Street, Lake Charles — aggravated assault, criminal trespass and unauthorized entry of a dwelling.
• John Timothy Fruge, 31, Henry Street, Sulphur — obtaining a prescription drug by fraud.
• Noah Guidry, 22, Lewis Street, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, trespassing.
• Shirley Lynette Sawyer, 28, Evergreen Street, Westlake — theft.
• Matthew Wade Prather, 26, Fruge Street, Sulphur — theft.