Last Modified: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:58 PM
A Lake Charles couple is facing numerous charges after state police said they recovered over $165,000 in stolen vehicles from their property.
Troop D spokesman Sgt. James Anderson said Ronnie and Katherine Larocca were arrested Tuesday following a 17-month investigation.
“In October 2011, detectives received information about suspected stolen property from an asset tracking system,” Anderson said. “The information led detectives to the Larocca residence.
“A search of the property and residence led to the recovery of an assortment of stolen vehicles, farm equipment and trailers. Detectives learned that the property had been reported stolen in Texas and Louisiana.”
The Laroccas were indicted earlier this month and charged with criminal conspiracy and three counts each of sale or receipt of a stolen vehicle.
“The individuals were taken into custody without incident with the assistance of the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation,” Anderson said. “The case remains under investigation and we expect additional arrests.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Andrew Moss, 32, 1233 Mayo St. — failure to register as a sex offender, unlawful presence of a sex offender.
• Corey Allen Labove, 23, 925 Williams Road, Vinton — five counts of simple burglary, three counts of motor vehicle theft, theft over $500, contempt of court. Bond: $92,000.
• Nicholas Maurice Goins, 20, Duson — two counts of simple burglary, theft over $1,500, theft $500-1,500, simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $49,500.
• Kirk Collins Labiche, 27, 5859 Tom Hebert Road,. Lot No. 86— creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, drug possession with intent to distribute, marijuana possession with intent to distribute, bringing contraband into prison.
• Anna Maxine Labiche, 50, 1213 Tillman St., Sulphur — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, contempt of court.
• Gerald W. Greer, 49, 502 Cherry St., Sulphur — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, drug possession. Bond: $21,000.
• Marlin Eugene Siverand, 33, 502 Shattuck St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $15,000.
• Jeffery Dwayne Harriman, 44, 9173 Main St., DeRidder — 15 counts of drug possession. Bond: $1,000.
• Nathaniel Paul Bernard, 34, 1029 Carl St. — second-offense marijuana possession, driving with a suspended license. Bond: $1,500.
• Brian Anthony Pettis, 36, 1673 Heard Road — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with a suspended license. Bond: $4,500.
• Kimberly Denise Conrad, 23, 2120 Walker Road, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $1,500.
• Troy Sabbath Cummings, 37, 2229 Linda St., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,500.
• John Gill, 62, Lemon Grove, Calif. — criminal trespass, simple burglary, simple criminal damage to property less than $500, theft under $300, illegal possession of a firearm. Bond: $1,500.
• Kelly Robert Byrne, 38, 1020 N. Main, Opelousas — unauthorized entry on inhabited dwelling.
• Travis Jones, 33, 1112 N. Lyons St. — issuing worthless checks over $1,500. Bond: $1,000.
• Gary Lee Woods, 53, 102 S. Sherman St., Iowa — peeping tom, criminal trespass. Bond: $500.