American Press

Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Southwest Louisiana ,
| Share |

Face-chewing victim continues recovery in Miami

Last Modified: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:09 PM

MIAMI (AP) — A homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre attack last year in Miami says he doesn't want any more reconstructive surgery.

Ronald Poppo spent nearly a month in a hospital after the attack alongside a Miami highway. Since then, he's been living in a long-term care facility.

The attack left him blind and disfigured. Poppo's doctors said Tuesday he knows he's lost his nose and his left eye completely, but he's satisfied with the surgeries and skin grafts that have closed his wounds.

A video posted online by the hospital that has been caring for Poppo shows him sitting in a hospital bed, wearing a baseball cap and strumming a guitar.

Facing the camera, Poppo thanks the public for their contributions and support.

Comment on this article

captcha fe99dc5b91db4053a70d91f80e81d315

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mobile
  • Feed

Copyright © 2015 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press