Advertisement

American Press

Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Southwest Louisiana ,
(Special to the American Press)

(Special to the American Press)


Equipment failure causes fire at downtown Entergy substation

Last Modified: Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:35 PM

By Lance Traweek / American Press

Lake Charles fire fighters responded to a fire Sunday evening at an Entergy substation downtown, located on the corner of Ann and Mill Streets.The fire was caused by a piece of equipment that failed, an official said Sunday.

“Equipment designed to isolate failures worked properly to keep failure from effecting more customers than necessary,” Entergy spokesman Chip Arnould said Sunday night.

There were a few customers who were without power but all power was restored within an hour Sunday, Arnould said.

A representative with the Lake Charles Fire Department said the call came in at about 5 p.m.

There was visible smoke coming from the utility station. Entergy was notified and on the scene along with two fire trucks.

Comment on this article

captcha dc595170ff0440ad8d45418f12bf65b3



Copyright © 2017 American Press

Privacy Policies: American Press