Last Modified: Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:26 PM
LEESVILLE — A 27-year-old Leesville man is being held on $100,000 bond in connection with the armed robbery of a local fast-food restaurant, authorities said.
Eric Petty has been charged with armed robbery, illegal possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, aggravated burglary, theft of a firearm and theft over $1,500.
On Aug. 30, the Leesville Police Department received a call about an armed robbery of the local Popeyes and Petty was apprehended after a short search.
The Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Rosepine, Leesville and New Llano police departments were involved in the arrest.
An official from the Leesville Police Department said the weapon Petty used to rob Popeyes was stolen, along with a large amount of cash, during a home robbery in July.
All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• Desmond Dominic Landry, 32, 219 N. Moss St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession in a drug-free zone. Bond: $75,000.
• Robert Louis Vital, 31, 524 Fournet St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession in a drug-free zone. Bond: $75,000.
• Roger Louis Ray, 45, 2111 Trailer St., Lot C, Sulphur — simple burglary, theft over $1,500, illegal possession of stolen things. Bond: $50,000.
• Corine Annette Pete, 48, 1035 Alice St. — six counts of forgery, bank fraud, issuing worthless checks under $500. Bond: $23,250.
• Latoya Nichelle Mitchell, 37, 811 Taft St., No. 76, Patterson — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $10,000.
• Kevin C. Dominic, 27, 1615 Orrin St. — two counts of no license, driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance, no inspection sticker. Bond: $10,000.
• Kayla Nicole Bergeron, 26, 805 Topsy Road, No. 40 — drug possession, obstruction of justice, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $6,000.
• James Anthony Lafleur, 18, 3108 1st Ave. — five counts of simple burglary. Bond: $5,000.
• Gilbert Manuel Guillory, 28, 1504 Sunset Drive — drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $5,000.
The Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests:
• Robert Jordan, 44, 140 Dewey St., Cameron — DWI, careless operation, failure to stop.
• Matt Trahan, 35, 1112 Allen St., Abbeville — drug possession trespassing, speeding.
• Roy Spain, 44, 209 Morning Cypress, Broussard — DWI, speeding.
• Gary Pryor Jr., 44, 6131 Chaisson Road — two counts of simple battery, simple assault, disturbing the peace.
• Kevin Hill, 28, Jackson Ala. — DWI, driving with a suspended license, failure to signal.
• Jerrad Duncan, 20, Sacramento, Calif. — drug possession, two counts of marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, impeding flow Of traffic.
• Scotty Sellers, 41, 13830 Cheneau Road, Kaplan — first-degree vehicular negligent injury, DWI, careless operation.
• Mark Hardy, 34, 1101 Cal Road, Apt. 28, Baton Rouge — DWI, driving under suspension, threatening a public official.