Last Modified: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:45 PM
A 25-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with forcible rape.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Michael Shane Porter was arrested Tuesday morning.
Porter, 18 Fowler Drive, is being held on a $400,000 bond.
No other information is available at this time. Check back later for updates.
An 18-year-old Lake Charles man is facing charges after attempting to break into a home on Powell Lane, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Joshua D. Smith, 1428 Sunset Drive, was arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Smith has been charged with theft over $1,500, flight from an officer, two counts of simple burglary, two counts of criminal damage to property under $500 and criminal trespass.
Myers said Smith admitted he attempted to burglarize the home on Powell Lane and burglarized a home on Contour Street a few hours earlier.
Three Lake Charles men are in custody after leading authorities on a high-speed chase in a stolen vehicle, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said 31-year-old Raymond D. Stewart, 2006 Legion St., 27-year-old Quintin D. Henry, 703 Macy St., and 25-year-old Justin T. Henry, 1103 E. School St., were arrested Wednesday morning.
All three have been charged with possession of stolen things over $1,500 and resisting an officer. Bond was pending.
Myers said a deputy attempted to stop the vehicle on 6th Street for a traffic violation.
“The driver did not comply and continued to flee at a high rate of speed,” Myers said in a news release. “The truck crashed into a home near the intersection of 6th and Ryder avenues and the (suspects) fled on foot.
“The men were apprehended by deputies without incident following a brief foot pursuit.”
After the arrest deputies ran the license plate number of the truck and discovered it had recently been reported stolen.
Five Lake Charles residents have been charged in connection with numerous vehicle burglaries in the Sulphur area, authorities said.
Sulphur Police Department spokesman Mel Estess said 16 vehicles were broken into over the weekend at three motels on Arena Road.
Alvina Wilnika Pouchie, 23, Christine Renea Johnson, 18, Mark Wayne Thibodeaux, 20, Royce Jamar Thibodeaux, 22, and Phillip Dereal Williams, 20, have been charged with 16 counts of simple burglary and one count of possession of burglary tools.
“All vehicles had broken windows, which allowed entry,” Estess said Tuesday in a news release. “After officers (stopped the suspects’ vehicle and) obtained consent to search it, they found various electronic equipment consistent with vehicle burglaries such as GPS units, DVD players, cameras, and other items. Broken glass was also located in the vehicle and the occupant’s clothing matched the suspects of the vehicle burglaries.”
Royce Thibodeaux’s bond was set at $425,000, Williams’ was set at $355,000, Mark Thibodeaux’s was set at $225,000 and the bond for Pouchie and Johnson was set at $200,000.
Estess said that the five suspects are also allegedly responsible for eight vehicle burglaries at the same the motels last month. Those charged are still pending.
Anyone with information on the incidents can contact Sulphur Police at 337-527-4550 or Crime Stoppers at 337-439-2222.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Ashley Chatman, 21, 1710 Rolls St. — attempted armed robbery, simple robbery. Bond: $225,000.
• Marquis Morris, 26, 113 N. Kirkman St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, criminal trespass. Bond: $156,500.
• Haywood Jamar Thomas, 22, 1017 S. Division St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, criminal trespass. Bond: $156,500.
• Ashley Angel Conner, 20, 413 Marcus Drive — three counts of simple burglary, drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $39,000.
• William Joseph Taylor, 28, 5106 La. 275, Lot 57, Sulphur — battery of a police officer, disturbing the peace. Bond: $30,000.
• Justin Alan Langford, 43, Shreveport — theft over $1,500. Bond: $25,000.
• Keelan Anthony Smith, 24, 910 Camelia St. — probation violation. Bond: $10,000.
• Dagiel Mathews Jr., 38, 1406 Thompson Road — five counts of simple burglary. Bond: $5,000.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Shannon Paul O’Quinn, 35, Doiron Street, Sulphur — careless operation, no insurance, unauthorized use of a vehicle, accident reports required, disturbing the peace by public intoxication.
• Christopher Lemelle, 43, U.S. 90 East, Sulphur — aggravated battery, possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Joshua Musser, 22, of 100 Garrret Lane, Jennings — theft of a motor vehicle.
• Jacob L. Hopson, 23 of 317 Ruland St., Jennings — theft of a motor vehicle.
All information provided by local law enforcement agencies. All persons are considered innocent until proven guilty.