Last Modified: Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:52 PM
A 20-year-old woman was indicted on a charge of forcible rape Thursday in 14th Judicial District Court.
The indictment said that Dusti Denee Fontenot forced a 15-year-old boy to have sex with her in April, when she was 19 years old.
No other information on the case was available.
A 21-year-old Lake Charles man is facing 30 counts of possession of child pornography.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Kenneth Lafayette Brown was arrested by the Louisiana Department of Justice Wednesday at his home at 4571 Sweet Bay Drive.
No bond was set.
A 43-year-old Vinton man has been charged with failure to register as a sex offender, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Paul Gilbert Broussard, 2318 Edgerly DeQuincy Road, has been accused of having and using a social media account without first reporting it to law enforcement.
Bond is pending.
Broussard was convicted of attempted sexual battery in December 2010 and was released from prison on April 9.
A 38-year-old Sulphur woman has been arrested after allegedly stealing over $20,000 from her employer, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Kari Drost Johns, 163 Summerwood Drive, was arrested Wednesday following a three-week investigation.
Johns has been charged with 59 counts of fraud and one count of theft over $1,500. Bond was set at $79,000.
Myers said Johns, a bookkeeper, has been accused of forging the owner’s signature and cashing over $20,000 worth of checks at several local stores.
A 29-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with stalking, cyberstalking and telephone harassment, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Logan Ryan Gandy, 6136 W. Azalea Drive, allegedly sent numerous harassing and intimidating text messages and phone calls to an ex-acquaintance and also showed up at her home after numerous requests not to do so.
Bond was set at $25,000.
• Demetricius Marcelle Young, 36, 921 Vincent St., Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $20,000.
• Dominic D. Mitchell, 34, 2141 Country Club Road, No. 80 — unauthorized use of a moveable. Bond: $10,000.
• Shawn Pierre Saucier, 48, 3421 Pickerel Lane — aggravated battery. Bond: $10,000.
• Tyrone Devonte Simien, 17, 1621 Clover Drive — drug possession, resisting an officer by refusal to show ID. Bond: $5,000.
Sulphur police reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Austin Dean Pauley, 21, Vincent Drive, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Jeremy Alexander Allen, 20, Western Drive, Lake Charles — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Kelsey Lynn Frederick, 22, Pine Street, Welsh — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Eric Paul Chapman, 24, West Verdine Street, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute.
• Chester Wayne Johnson, 29, Goodley Road, Sulphur — careless operation, drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Posted By: Dennis On: 9/20/2013
Title: Woman indicted on rape charges
That's bull Crap. You can not rape the willing. And unless she did it with gun in her hand that charge is BULL CRAP and is most likely brought on by the boys parents. I'm sure if they talk to the boy he has a smile on his face and therefore it is not RAPE!!!