City police are asking for the public’s help in identifying this man, who is a suspect in a theft incident at the Albertson’s on Country Club Road on Sept. 10. (Special to the American Press)
Last Modified: Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:32 PM
Calcasieu Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 33-year-old Lake Charles man on a charge of fourth-offense DWI on Monday, according to Calcasieu Correctional Center records.
Brandon Todd Ferstl, 2610 Barbe Lane, was released less than three hours later after posting $25,000 bond.
In July 2006, Ferstl was convicted of two counts of fourth-offense DWI. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison with all but 60 days suspended. He also received five years’ probation.
A 30-year-old Sulphur woman was arrested Monday after she abused a young family member, authorities said.
Darlene Elizabeth Collins, 2877 S. Beglis Parkway, Apt. 701, was arrested after a complaint was filed by officials from the child’s school, said Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers.
She said Collins admitted striking the child with a belt, “causing whelps and severe bruises to her face, stomach, arms, legs and back.”
Collins was charged with one count of cruelty to a juvenile. Bond was set at $10,000.
Lake Charles police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who is a suspect in a theft at the Albertsons on Country Club Road on Sept. 10.
He can be seen in the photo attached to this story.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said the public can contact Detective Larry Newingham at 491-1456, the Police Department at 491-1311 or Crime Stoppers at 439-2222.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office will set up a DWI checkpoint at an undisclosed location in the parish this weekend. The checkpoint is funded by a grant from the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Dennis Steven Mickelson, 32, 520 Oleander Lane, Westlake — attempted simple robbery, simple battery. Bond: $38,000.
• Estal Owen Reeves, 40, 2564 Alma Drive, No. 7 — theft $500-$1,500, theft over $500, two counts of possession of stolen things, attempted theft under $500. Bond: $23,000.
• John Carl Fruge, 44, 403 Storer St., Iowa — two counts of drug possession, drug paraphernalia, illegal carrying of a weapon, criminal conspiracy, simple burglary, theft $500-$1,500, simple criminal property damage $500-$50,000. Bond: $12,500.
• Brandon Storm Nelson, 18, 1436 E. Pine Meadows Drive — simple battery, attempted carjacking. Bond: $11,000.
• Timothy Wayne Berard, 36, 1517 Pine St. — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $5,000.
• Brandon Wesley Treadway, 23, 1100 Beech St., Westlake — drug possession, drug paraphernalia, obstruction of justice.