Last Modified: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:46 PM
City police said that 532 vehicles were checked Wednesday night during a DWI checkpoint.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said four field sobriety tests were administered but no one was arrested.
City police issued three citations — two for seat-belt violations and one for child restraint violations — and gave 19 verbal warnings for “miscellaneous violations.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Mark Edward Ancelet, 49, 402 East St., DeQuincy — third-offense DWI. Bond: $25,000.
• Adrienne Elaine Ceaser, 18, 107 6th St., Starks — four counts of simple burglary, attempted simple burglary. Bond: $15,000.
• Devin Nicole Prater, 28, 1244 Katy Drive, Westlake — two counts of issuing worthless checks over $1,500. Bond: $7,000.
• Kenda Ler Skrantz, 32, 710 Iris St., No. 203 — drug possession, driving with a suspended license, failure to signal.
• Patrick Nathaiel Legate, 37, 322 East St., Vinton — two counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Carlos Evell Morgan, 32, 2007 Tulip St. — second-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Frankie Butler, 52, DeRidder — two counts of sexual battery. Bond: $100,000.
• Jackie Jenkins, 24, DeRidder — second-degree battery, home invasion. Bond: $60,000.
Jeffery L. Butler, 23, DeRidder — failure to report sexual abuse. Bond: $10,000.
• Harlin Powell, 48, DeRidder — drug possession, illegal carrying of a weapon, cruelty to a juvenile.
• Ronald Dowden, 46, Lake Charles — simple battery, criminal trespassing and aggravated criminal damage to property.