Last Modified: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:15 PM
A Baldwin man and Lake Charles woman have been charged with two counts of drug possession, illegal carrying of a weapons in presence of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff spokesman Chris Ivey said Nicholas Anderson, 21, and Tamisha James, 19, were arrested early Wednesday morning.
“Deputies discovered synthetic marijuana, oxycodone and drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle,” Ivey said. “James had a .22-caliber pistol and drug scale hidden in her undergarments.”
The Lake Charles Police Department has reported that it will conduct a DWI checkpoint somewhere in the city Thursday.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Colby Alton McDaniel, 22, 1076 Jon Road — possession of stolen things $500 to $1,500, three counts of possession of a counterfeit drug with intent to distribute. Bond: $34,000.
• Kenneth Mott, 37, 1627 Eva St., Sulphur — careless operation, no insurance, hit and run driving. Bond: $17,500.
• Jason Ray Goodwin, 33, 1605 15th St. — resisting an officer with force or violence, second-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $7,500.
• Dezmond Donel Demease, 21, 1614 2nd St. — first-offense marijuana possession, speeding, driving with a suspended license. Bond: $6,000.
• Shawn Michael Ferris, 32, 2500 Evergreen Road, Westlake — forgery, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $6,000.
• Brian Keith Sanders, 26, 316 Goss Road, Westlake — aggravated assault. Bond: $5,000.
• Terrance E. Boyce, 29, 802 13th St. — resisting an officer, resisting an officer by refusal to show ID, drug possession with intent to distribute, first-offense marijuana possession, no seat belt, no license, direct contempt of court.
• Wayne G. Stains, 22, 2826 Jerry Lee Ave. — drug possession, obstruction of justice.
• Michael Jarius Marks, 24, Orange, Texas — drug possession with intent to distribute.
The Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Kyle Joseph Faul, 27, 277 Joshua Lane — telephone harassment, direct contempt of court.
• Kristina Ann Guidry, 29, 916 Florence St., Apt. C9, Jennings — criminal conspiracy to possess and distribute drugs.
The Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Robert Francis Onellion Jr., 26, 416 Katherine St., New Iberia — failure to register as a sex offender, careless operation, driving with a restricted license, no license, improper display of license plate.