Last Modified: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:30 PM
For the second time in less than two months, a 40-year-old Lake Charles man is facing sex crime charges.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Jose Mario Rosales, 900 West Sale St., was arrested Tuesday and charged with two counts aggravated rape.
Rosales has been accused of sexually abusing a young female family member numerous times over a nine-month period in 2012, Myers said.
Bond was set at $500,000.
Myers said Rosales was arrested July 23 and charged with two counts of sexual battery. He was released the same day after posting a $30,000 bond.
He is accused of having sexual contact with another young female family member on numerous occasions in 2012.
LEESVILLE — A local 23-year-old man has been accused of attacking another man with a machete in their home at a trailer park on Jeane Chapel Road.
The Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested Modavia Coats Saturday and he has been charged with aggravated second-degree battery.
“The victim, who sustained significant injuries to his hand, apparently (lived) with the Coats,” a Sheriff’s Office official said in a news release.
No bond has been set.
A 32-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with simple battery of the infirm, unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000 and domestic abuse battery with child endangerment.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Travis Sentell Stevenson was arrested Monday morning.
Bond was pending.
Two Lake Charles women have been charged with seven counts of forgery and one count of theft under $500.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, 36-year-old Nikki J. Reed and 50-year-old Briggette Renee Reed, both of 1605 5th St., were arrested Monday by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Bond was set at $4,500 for both women.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Stacy Armund Wilson, 40, 2908 Fiske St. — four counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $100,000.
• Maranda I. Wilson, 32, 2908 Fiske St. — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession. Bond: $37,500.
• Nancy Marie Carmouche, 36, 1901 Mill St., No. 549 — automobile insurance fraud. Bond: $30,000.
• Tionne Perry, 17, 609 Peck St., Sulphur — simple burglary, simple battery. Bond: $25,500.
• Lamarr Williams, 42, 2229 14th St. — three counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $20,000.
• Shanna Deloris Patterson, 27, 1901 Mill St. — attempted automobile insurance fraud. Bond: $10,000.
• Curby St. Mary, 51, 7114 Corbina Road, No. 34 — two counts of simple burglary, theft $500 to $1,500, first-offense illegal possession of a weapon, theft under $500, three counts of direct contempt of court.
• Derrick Wayne Brown, 28, 208 Bowers Ave., Iowa — two counts of simple arson.
• Ledasha Ann Bellard, 20, 1200 Shattuck St. — no license, no proof of insurance.
• Brandi Renee Leblanc, 34, Beaumont, Texas — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer by refusal to show ID, direct contempt of court.
• Shaun Gabriel Daigle, 34, 1225 Adam Lane, Sulphur — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.