Last Modified: Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:37 PM
A 29-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with motor vehicle theft, theft under $500 and two counts of possession of stolen things over $1,500.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Robert Nicolas Carter, 1945 Merganser St., was arrested Wednesday after a week-long investigation.
Myers said Carter has been accused of stealing a generator and tractor cultivator from a business on West Prien Lake Road.
Carter sold the generator to a local pawn shop on Aug. 17 and the cultivator to a local scrap yard on Aug. 19, Myers said.
Bond was set at $55,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Lloyd Sherman Trotter, 33, 4249 5th Ave., Apt. R13 — 11 counts of issuing worthless checks under $500, probation violation. Bond: $15,500.
• Kenny Fogleman Jr., 42, 1945 Merganser St., No. 51 — motor vehicle theft, issuing worthless checks under $300. Bond: $10,200.
• Jerrica Rideau, 22, 2104 Green Acres St. — two counts of child desertion. Bond: $6,000.
• Bonnye Beth Savoie, 35, 32 Timberly Drive — two counts of forgery. Bond: $5,000.
• Byron Gabriel Easton, 32, 3522 E. Roosevelt St. — two counts of drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, direct contempt of court.
• Natasha Lynn Dyson, 34, 1204 Sunset Drive — attempted motor vehicle theft, criminal trespass, non-moving violation, direct contempt of court.
All persons listed in this report are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.