Last Modified: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:52 AM
A 21-year-old Iowa man has been charged with sexual battery and first-offense marijuana possession.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Anthony Norris Landry Jr. was arrested Tuesday by the Iowa Police Department.
Landry, 413 S. Bowers St., remained in jail Wednesday.
No bond was set.
A 35-year-old Westlake man has been charged with failure to register as a sex offender.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Charles Lavertt Jenkins III was arrested at his home Tuesday night.
Jenkins, 2531 Miller Ave., was released three hours later after posting a $5,000 bond.
He was convicted of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile in Calcasieu Parish in 2000.
A 21-year-old Mississippi man is in jail after 35 pounds of marijuana was found in his vehicle, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Aaron Dewayne Dantzler, of Purvis, was arrested Tuesday morning following a traffic stop on Interstate 10 near Vinton.
Dantzler was charged with drug possession with intent to distribute and driving with a suspended license.
“C.A.T. Team Detective Sgt. Stuart Henderson recovered two luggage bags in the trunk of Dantzler’s car,” Myers said in a news release Wednesday. “The bags contained 35 pounds of marijuana, which has an estimated street value of $35,000.”
Bond was pending.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Shoncharles Deray Collins, 34, Greenville, Miss. — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, speeding. Bond: $100,250.
• Michael Doyle Treadway, 48, 2141 Country Club Road — 84 counts of prohibited acts, false representation. Bond: $20,000.
• Jordan Divionte Poullard, 20, 2187 E. Gauthier Road, Lot 431 — five counts of simple burglary. Bond: $15,000.
• Alex Joseph Mitchell, 36, 5668 E. Pinewood Drive — aggravated second-degree battery, domestic abuse battery. Bond: $12,500.
• Saikwan A. Corbitt, 22, 2424 St. Francis St., Sulphur — aggravated flight from an officer, first-offense DWI, speeding, driving with a suspended license. Bond: $6,750.
• Bernard Jamall Nero, 17, 3327 Carver Road — simple criminal property damage $500-$50,000, criminal trespass. Bond: $5,250.
• Magraff Lawrence Favors, 26, Eunice — probation violation. Bond: $5,000.
• Ryan Keith Arendt, 24, 6014 Earl Daughenbaugh Road, Iowa — third-offense DWI. Bond: $5,000.
• Robert James Sadler III, 27, 2013 Evelyn St. — second-offense weapons charge, first-offense marijuana possession.
• Benjamin Guillory, 63, 615 W. Carlton St., Sulphur — possession of stolen things over $500, obstruction of justice.
Posted By: Debbie On: 8/21/2013
Title: Failure to register
Why is it that only some sex offenders have to register but not all of them?