Last Modified: Friday, August 02, 2013 6:04 PM
A 32-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with failure to register as a sex offender and bank fraud.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Billy Ray Morris and Yolanda Sevetra Cook, 40, were arrested Thursday afternoon at their home at 1134 Oak Leaf Lane.
Morris, who was convicted of lewd or lascivious acts with a child in 2005, remained in jail Friday on a $10,000 bond.
Cook was charged with two counts of bank fraud. Bond was set at $40,000.
Beauregard Parish Sheriff deputies are on the lookout for a man seen running away from a fire on Aug. 1. It was the third in a series of fires that struck the parish within minutes of each other and destroyed three buildings.
At around 6:30 p.m., a fire was reported at a mobile home in Longville Lake. A second fire was reported when firefighters arrived back at the station. The third was discovered in an abandoned camp when firefighters arrived on the scene.
It was reported that a white male, age unknown, wearing a gray shirt, was running through the woods away from the last fire. A $1,000 reward is offered for information leading to an arrest for those responsible. Anyone with information is asked to call Beauregard Crime Stoppers at 1-800-273-1374 or 337-463-3281.
A man wanted in connection with stealing several thousand dollars from two victims by posing as a handyman has been caught.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office had sent out an alert for the whereabouts of Frederick ''Troy'' Pady, 46, along with the promise of a reward of up to $1,000 leading to the location and his arrest.
According to Chief Civil Deputy Joe Toler, Pady was arrested thanks to the Crime Stoppers tip. Pady was found at a Vernon Parish residence just east of DeRidder around 2 p.m. on Aug. 2. He was taken to the DeRidder Police Department.
A 47-year-old Lake Charles man, wanted in connection with a local bank robbery, was arrested July 21 in Texas, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Leonard S. Green was found sleeping in a truck that had been reported stolen in Oakdale.
“Green was arrested by the Kendall County Sheriff’s Office and charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and no driver’s license,” Kraus said. “A hold has been placed on Green for the armed robbery warrant with a $40,000 bond.”
Green is accused of robbing the Jeff Davis Bank on Kirby Lane on July 16.
A 47-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with possession of stolen things $500 to $1,500, theft over $500 and criminal trespassing, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said James E. Owen, 424 Broussard Lane, was arrested early Thursday morning.
Myers said Owen stole an utility trailer from the parking lot of Power Church International, located at 833 Jefferson Drive.
Bond was set at $22,500.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Travis Demon King, 36, 2607 General Patch Ave. — four counts of third-offense DWI. Bond: $70,000.
• Robin Anderson Cox, 41, 9312 Lanier Road — second-offense DWI, first-offense DWI, three counts of drug possession, careless operation, no proof of insurance, issuing worthless checks under $500. Bond: $15,600.
• Sherry Ann Guillory, 39, 906 1/2 Pryce St. — aggravated battery. Bond: $15,000.
• Mary Catherine Crosby, 40, 1207 Ravia Road, Lot 69, Sulphur — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, drug use in presence of juveniles. Bond: $16,000.
• Kyle Mitchell Moore, 20, 1303 North St., Vinton — possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $2,000.
• Kenton Niles Thibodeaux, 34, 375 Elam Langley Road, Kinder — issuing worthless checks under $300, theft over $500, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Raymond Mathew Floyd III, 22, 4434 Pleasant Drive — theft over $500, possession of stolen things.
• Ethan J. Gadd, 22, 1707 Post Oak Road, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Tyler Brooks Venable, 22, 1857 Maplewood Drive, Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, non-moving violation.
• Shawn Stephen Calhoun, 33, 617 Sulphur Ave., Westlake — second-offense marijuana possession, third-offense possession of drug paraphernalia.