Last Modified: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:30 PM
JENNINGS — Police said a homeowner held a burglary suspect at gunpoint after the man broke into his home early Tuesday.
Ricky Lee Cox, 31, of Evangeline Road, was arrested for aggravated burglary after police responded to a break-in call at a local residence, according to the Jennings Police Department.
Cox allegedly broke into the residence around 7 a.m. Police said the homeowner held him at gunpoint until they arrived.
A 32-year-old Eunice man has been charged with failure to pay child support over $7,500, authorities said.
Jefferson Davis Sheriff Office spokesman Christopher Ivey said Joshua Person, 1851 Betty St., was arrested Monday night after a tip was made through the Sheriff Department’s new website.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Jacob Allen Henry, 18, 1201 W. Burton St., Sulphur — simple burglary. Bond: $5,000.
• Dillon Johnson, 20, 4911 Bay View Drive — simple burglary, theft under $500, unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling.
• Khiry Marcel Spikes, 24, 2700 Ernest St., Lot 139 — drug possession with intent to distribute.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
• April Daniele Springs, 33, Beauregard Street, Sulphur — hit and run, careless operation, no driver’s license.
• Tiqua Monique Hayes, 36, General Arnold Avenue — motor vehicle theft.
Posted By: downeastcajun On: 8/13/2013
see ... you CAN aim and call 911 and not shot right off ... good for that homeowner!
tough luck for the theif.