Last Modified: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:48 PM
A 58-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with three counts of sexual battery and one count of indecent behavior with juveniles, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said David Karl Benoit, 7135 La. 1133, was arrested Tuesday.
Myers said Benoit is accused of having sexual contact with a 6-year-old female family acquaintance from 2004-07.
“When questioned by detectives, Benoit confirmed some of the allegations,” Myers said.
Bond was set at $200,000.
Three Lake Charles men were arrested Tuesday morning in the 2700 block of Kirkman Street.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Brian Alan Cormier, 21, Troy Deandre Griggs, 19, and Timothy Dale Edwards Collins, 21, were charged with simple burglary, theft over $500, drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Cormier, 577 Douglas Lacy Road, was also charged with no license and no seat belt. Bond was not set.
Griggs, 3502 Burton Lane, was also charged with direct contempt of court. Griggs’ bond was set at $4,500.
No bond was set for Collins, 2312 Tuna Lane.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Darterious Kemon Bartie, 18, 2544 Alma Drive — simple robbery. Bond: $35,000.
• Tamika Rochelle Perrodin, 29, 1602 Badger St. — fourth-offense DWI. Bond: $30,000.
• Colby Celestine, 24, 4245 5th Ave. — possession of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, criminal trespass, two counts of no seat belt, three counts of driving with a suspended license, drug possession, speeding, two non-moving violations. Bond: $22,000.
• Justin Wayne Adams, 26, 4032 Thornton St. — two counts of drug possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $15,000.
• Travis Sentell Stevenson, 32, 2009 Tulip St. — possession of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, disturbing the peace, littering, urinating in a public place, criminal trespass, vagrancy. Bond: $12,000.
• Kimberly Rhea Lafauci, 27, 3858 La. 27 N. Sulphur — criminal conspiracy, simple burglary, attempted theft over $500, attempted simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $12,000.
• Corey James Brooks, 25, 2000 3rd Ave. — drug possession with intent to distribute, no license, resisting an officer, resisting an officer by violence, introducing contraband into a penal institution, probation violation.
• Pamela Ancelet, 43, 3093 Hillery Road — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer by refusal to show ID, expired license plate, direct contempt of court.
• Lanie Brooke Benoit, 26, 2618 Hazel St. — possession of stolen things over $1,500.