Last Modified: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:42 PM
Two Lake Charles men have been charged with failure to register as a sex offender or child predator.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Ellis Noah Bartie II and Charles Dewayne Dean were arrested Monday.
The 30-year-old Bartie was arrested near the intersection of Elder and Kingsley streets.
Bartie, 2013 Moeling St., was convicted of molestation of a juvenile in 2001.
The 30-year-old Dean was arrested at a home on North Lincoln Street.
Dean, 319 Brammer Lane, was convicted of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
No bond was set for either man.
A 43-year-old Vinton man has been charged with exploitation of the infirmed.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Percy Lee Levias, 929 Willrants Road, was arrested Monday afternoon.
Bond was set at $150,000.
One person was arrested and three tickets were issued Friday during a checkpoint by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said 45-year-old Shontel Pappillion, 1655 P.E. Daigle Road, Iowa, was arrested and charged with DWI.
Myers said deputies checked 25 vehicles and issued three citations — one for no driver’s license and two for speeding.
Myers said the checkpoint, funded by a grant from the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission, was held in the 330 block of South Manchester Road in Iowa.
“In a continuing effort to keep the ctizens of Calcasieu Parish safe, the Sheriff’s Office will be conducting (another) DWI and seatbelt checkpoint this weekend,” Myers said. “These checkpoints have proven to be very effective in discouraging citizens from driving while impaired and people are more likely to designate a driver when they know sobriety checkpoints are being conducted.”
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Rowdy Country Beau Runte, 22, 5830 La. 3059 — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, failure to return or surrender a leased movable, two counts of direct contempt of court. Bond: $7,000.
• Jon Koley Thompson, 33, 153 Mark Cooley Road, DeQuincy — drug possession, direct contempt of court. Bond: $5,000.
• Donald Ray Jones, 19, 2960 Lake St., Apt. 299 — simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft under $500, resisting an officer.
• Richard Kelley Cannella, 22, 724 Julius St. — theft over $1,500, possession of stolen things over $1,500, two counts of drug possession.
• Brandon Jerome Bartie, 22, 804 N. Lincoln St. — domestic abuse battery of pregnant victim.
• Jeffery Jammone Faulk, 28, 1705 Gieffers St. — drug possession.
• Ariane Paige Langley, 19, 5830 La. 3059 — three counts of drug possession.
The Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrest:
• Kelton Simmons, 36, DeRidder — felony theft. Bond: $15,000.
Posted By: Neha Dhupia On: 7/30/2013
Title: Keeping you safe
There is no doubt that we live in a heinous and troubled world, but perhaps nothing is more so than the act of sexual predation against children. It is a revolting fact to process, but nearly 750,000 registered sex offenders are accounted for in the United States, and an additional 265,000 remain under the supervision of corrections agencies.