Last Modified: Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:08 PM
A 37-year-old Washington man has been arrested after a traffic stop on Interstate 10 led to the discovery of 80 pounds of marijuana, authorities said.
Westlake Police Chief Michael Dickerson said Barry Mamadou was arrested Thursday morning.
“During the investigation the driver admitted to having a large quantity of marijuana in the vehicle,” Dickerson said. “Officer Jason O’Rourke (then found) 80 pounds of marijuana. Mamadou said he was making a delivery from Houston to Atlanta. The street value of the drug is $120,000.”
Mamadou has been charged with marijuana possession over 60 pounds, following too close and failure to signal.
No bond has been set.
A 49-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory and attempt and conspiracy.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Richard Carlton Pharris was arrested Wednesday afternoon on Houston River Road by the Westlake Police Department.
Pharris, 2090 Carr Lane, remained in jail Thursday on a $40,000 bond.
JENNINGS — Edward Tezeno, 19, of Beaumont, Texas, was arrested Thursday on charges of criminal trespassing and unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling in connection with incidents that occurred earlier in Jeff Davis Parish.
Tezeno, along with two others, allegedly entered two separate properties in the Iowa area without the permission of the homeowners.
They reportedly entered one residence, but were caught by the homeowners of the other residence before they could make entry into the home.
The trio are believed to be involved in a ring of thefts related to gun safes from Southeast Texas to Central Louisiana.
Tezeno waived extradition and was taken to the Jeff Davis Parish jail, where his bond was set at $10,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Arthur Lee Parker, 55, 810 N. Claiborne St., Lot 12, Sulphur — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, resisting an office, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $27,500.
• Quinten James Roller, 21, 270 Bruce Circle — simple burglary, theft $300 to $500, theft under $500. Bond: $15,000.
• Lacreasia Shontel Payne, 39, 106 Juniper Circle, Iowa — automobile insurance fraud. Bond: $10,000.
• Shannon Todd Rorabaugh, 36, 3214 Deaton St. — issuing worthless checks over $500, two counts of issuing worthless checks under $300, direct contempt of court. Bond: $6,550.
• Sean William White, 20, 2187 E. Gauthier Road, No. 240 — theft under $500, simple burglary, possession of stolen property under $500. Bond: $6,500.
• Michael Anthony Muse, 47, 3255 Cedar St. — third-offense DWI. Bond: $5,000.
• Jeremy Chad Abney, 33, 7413 Flounder Drive — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of a firearm with obliterated numbers, obstruction of justice.
• Leon Jennings Jr., 61, 2569 La. 3059, No. 54 — aggravated assault, domestic abuse battery.