Jose Mario Rosales
City police are asking for help in identifying this man, who broke into Dolby Elementary Wednesday morning. Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said a white man, armed with a firearm, broke into the school around 12:10 a.m. Kraus said that if anyone can identify the suspect should call Detective Dustin Gaudet at 240-6049, Detective Frank Fondel at 337-302-8207 or Crime Stoppers at 439-2222. (Special to the American Press)
Last Modified: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:59 PM
A 40-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with two counts of sexual battery.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Jose Mario Rosales was arrested Tuesday afternoon by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Bond for Rosales, 602 W. Lyons St., was set at $30,000.
No other information on the case is available at this time.
City police are asking for help in identifying a man who broke into Dolby Elementary Wednesday morning.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said a white man, armed with a firearm, broke into the school around 12:10 a.m.
Kraus said that if anyone can identify the suspect should call Detective Dustin Gaudet at 240-6049, Detective Frank Fondel at 337-302-8207 or Crime Stoppers at 439-2222.
A Lake Charles man and woman have been charged with simple burglary and criminal trespass, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Brandi C. Soileau, 35, and Jay K. Turner, 49, were arrested Saturday night.
“Deputies were dispatched to a convenience store on Big Lake Road in reference to a disturbance between Soileau and Turner,” Myers said Wednesday in a news release. “During the investigation, deputies discovered that minutes before Turner had broken into a vehicle parked at a home on Eliza Road and Soileau waited at the end of the driveway while the burglary was in progress. When confronted by the owner of the vehicle, Soileau and Turner fled on foot.”
Turner, 1221 13th St., was also charged with illegal carrying of weapons during commission of a crime and simple criminal damage to property under $500. He remained in jail Wednesday on a $14,500 bond.
Soileau, 3474 L. Benoit Road, remained in jail Wednesday on a $3,000 bond.
Deputies Matthew Saxby and Chris Dougay were the arresting deputies.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Robert Edward McKelvain, 32, 653 Barnes Creek Road, Ragley — simple burglary, theft under $300, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $14,500.
• Paul Lee Higgins, 34, Fort Polk — second-offense DWI. Bond: $10,000.
• Jamie Markell Haley, 26, Lake Charles — drug possession with intent to distribute, in park after hours, parole violation. Bond: $8,000.
• Cheyenne Lynn Theriot, 18, 110 Zachary Lane, Grand Lake — two counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $5,250.
• Roman Gabriel Walter, 30, 2610 Rhua Drive, Sulphur — drug possession, drug possession in a drug-free zone, issuing worthless checks under $500. Bond: $5,200.
• Chelsenea Demetria Brooks, 19, 805 Topsy Road, Lot 160 — aggravated assault, two counts of domestic abuse battery.
• Terence Dwayne Davis, 21,2213 5th Ave. — aggravated battery, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment.
• Todd Benton, 37, 1019 Gulf St. — obstruction of court orders, violation of protective orders.
• Damion Andrew Batiste, 28, 1016 Bauer St. — violation of protective orders.
• Isiah Hardy, 26, 1605 Broadmoor Drive — second-degree robbery.
The Sulphur Police Department reported the following arrests:
Arthur Lee Parker, 55, 810 North Claiborne St. — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, simple marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
William Lynn Hutchison, 44, 810 North Claiborne St. — creation or operation of a clandestine laboratory, simple marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
Gregory Brown, 49, Breaux Lane — simple battery, disturbing the peace, disturbing the peace by language, simple criminal property damage, simple kidnapping, resisting arrest.
Howard Thomas McLaughlin, 54, Alice Street — simple battery, aggravated battery.
Timothy Scott Evans, 46, Lincoln Street — monetary instrument abuse, resisting arrest.
Malori Ruth Hickey, 26, Deltra Hardin Road, Hackberry — monetary instrument abuse.
Karrington Henry, 17, Lake Charles — simple marijuana possession, simple burglary, possession of stolen things, resisting arrest.
Antonio Drbar Tomkins, 19, Live Oak Drive, Lake Charles — aggravated flight from an officer, switched plates, no driver’s license, simple marijuana possession, simple burglary, possession of stolen things, misrepresentation while booking, outstanding warrant.