Last Modified: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:12 PM
Two Sulphur men are facing simple burglary and theft charges, authorities said.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Roger L. Ray, 2111 Trailer Street, Lot 10, and Thomas R. Allyn, 4314 Highway 1256, Lot 105, were arrested Tuesday in Nederland, Texas.
Ray, 44, and Allyn, 34, are in the Jefferson County Jail and awaiting extradition to Calcasieu Parish.
Myers said the men, who will also be charged with possession of stolen property, broke into a home on La. 108 in Sulphur on Sunday.
“The victim said several items were stolen from her home, including electronics, jewelry and over $13,000 worth of collectable coins and currency,” Myers said. “The Nederland Police Department contacted us on Tuesday to report that Ray and Allyn attempted to pawn several collectable coins and currency matching the description of those stolen from the home.”
Two 17-year-olds from Lake Charles have been charged with auto vehicle theft, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Brandon Scott Guillory, 4102 Auburn St., and Alain Maurice Newman Jr., 4413 Ashland St., were arrested early Thursday morning.
Guillory was also charged with resisting arrest by flight and no driver’s license. Bond was set at $6,500.
Newman was also charged with simple marijuana possession. Bond was set at $7,500.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Brandon J. Breaux, 32, 1667 Barney Hoffpauir Road, Apt. B, Sulphur — simple burglary, theft over $500, encouraging or contributing to child delinquency. Bond: $125,000.
• Vinston Depaull Shavers, 48, 5417 9th Ave. — two counts of possession of stolen things, attempted theft over $500, switched license plate, theft $500 to $1,500. Bond: $23,000.
• Kevin W. Gibson, 47, 2725 Mary St. — three counts of theft under $500. Bond: $6,000.
• Kayla Foster Hennen, 29, 1646 Ira Breaux Road, Apt. A — drug possession, theft over $500, possession of stolen things over $500, first-offense marijuana possession, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $3,250
• Wayland Lekeith Thibodeaux, 40, 1909 23rd St. — obstruction of justice, first-offense weapons charge, disturbing the peace, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $3,000.
• Terrance Phillip Pickett, 34, 601 1/2 N. Johnson St., Sulphur — second-offense DWI.
• Ivan Jude Manuel, 47, 2917 La. 14 East — domestic abuse battery.
• Keizland S. Forsythe, 17, 3204 N. General Wainwright Drive — unauthorized use of a movable, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000.
• Justin Rowe, 17, 2601 Clyde St. — aggravated battery, aggravated assault, unlawful possession of tobacco, criminal trespass.