Last Modified: Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:09 PM
A 36-year-old Sulphur man is facing additional charges of aggravated assault and stalking.
Kristian J. Gaudet, 610 Post Oak Road, was originally arrested on June 18 following an incident at a nightclub in Sulphur.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said on June 21 that Gaudet attempted to hit two people with his car and had been stalking one of the victims, an ex-acquaintance, for several days.
Gaudet was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of stalking. He was released from jail June 19 after posting a $30,000 bond.
On Wednesday, Gaudet was arrested again and charged with two more counts of aggravated assault and one count of stalking.
“Following his arrest, detectives continued their investigation,” Myers said Thursday in a news release. “We learned during the early morning hours of June 17, the same ex-acquaintance was leaving her place of employment with another woman. Before the victims were able to reach the vehicle, they observed a vehicle driven by Gaudet coming towards them at a high rate of speed. Both victims told detectives they had to turn around and run back towards the business to avoid being struck by Gaudet.”
Judge Wilford Carter set Gaudet’s bond on the additional charges at $3,000.
A 23-year-old Lake Charles man has been arrested after stealing over $6,500 from his employer, authorities said. Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Brenden Joseph Bellard, 217 W. Hebert Road, was charged Wednesday with theft over $1,500.
“The store manager said Bellard stole over $6,500 by completing false return transactions at the customer service desk,” Myers said. “Bellard confirmed he would scan items from the store and then do a refund transaction. He said he would keep the refund money and return the item back to the store.”
Bellard was released Wednesday after posting a $1,000 bond set by Judge Wilford Carter.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Jerrica Jashae Eddie, 22, 234 N. Lincoln St. — aggravated battery, simple battery, failure to return or surrender a leased moveable. Bond: $14,000.
• Eric Jerome Clophus, 30, 2361 Pineview St. — theft of a firearm. Bond: $3,000.
• Darryl Green, 56, 1907 8th St. — domestic abuse aggravated assault, domestic abuse battery. Bond: $2,000.
• Ernest Nathaniel Brown, 31, 718 17th St. — aggravated assault, criminal trespass, littering, direct contempt of court. Bond: $2,000.
• Paul Lane Reeves, 32, 711 Bagdad Road, Westlake — domestic abuse battery by strangulation. Bond: $1,500.
• Christopher Glenn Lassien, 39, 1015 Eddy St., Vinton — simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $1,500.
• Vaughngareya Faulkner, 26, 522 1/2 Enterprise Blvd. — theft under $500, encouraging or contributing to child delinquency, dependency or neglect, resisting an officer. Bond: $1,500.
• Joseph Anthony Gilbert Sr., 53, 2019 Sam Houston Jones Parkway, No. 49 — public intimidation and retaliation, resisting an officer by refusal to show identification, non-moving violation. Bond: $1,100.
• Joseph Anthony Gilbert Jr., 26, 2019 Sam Houston Jones Parkway, No. 49 — interfering with a law enforcement investigation, resisting an officer. Bond: $1,000.
• Brenden Joseph Bellard, 23, 217 W. Hebert Road — theft over $1,500. Bond: $1,000.
• Eleanor Latrice Papillion, 21, 591 Jumping Jack Lane — theft under $500. Bond: $1,000.
• Evan Paul Savoy III, 20, 625 Armstrong St. — home invasion, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment.
• Karen Goodwin, 38, 2031 Medora St. — domestic abuse battery.
• Fields Troy, 36, 2031 Medora St. — domestic abuse battery.
• Timothy Scott Evans, 26, 4106 Sherry St., Sulphur — domestic abuse battery.
• Jonathan Curtis Perry, 24, 24115 Gibson Road, Iowa — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, no seat belt.
• Sean William White, 20, Gross Road, Sulphur — theft of goods, theft, simple burglary, attempted burglary, illegal possession of stolen things.
• Jeremy Nicholas Landry, 23, Live Oak Street, Sulphur — two counts of theft of goods, identity theft, illegal possession of stolen things.