Last Modified: Monday, June 24, 2013 2:50 PM
A 32-year-old Westlake man has been charged with domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, cruelty to juveniles and aggravated battery
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Aaron James Gillen, 921 Shafer St., was arrested Saturday night by the Westlake Police Department.
He remained in jail Monday on a $160,000 bond.
A 30-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, resisting an officer and aggravated flight from an officer.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Joshua Jake Jones, 3500 Carlyss Drive, Lot. 75, was Saturday morning at his home by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Jones was also charged with illegal use of weapons or dangerous instruments and direct contempt of court.
He remained in jail Monday on a $155,000 bond.
Three Sulphur residents are facing numerous charges following a drug raid at an apartment complex.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, 25-year-old Gene M. Kimble, 21-year-old Dayvette Lashay Jourdan and 32-year-old Lori Beth Ryan were arrested Saturday night by the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
All three live at Parkway Apartments at 210 N. Beglis Parkway and were charged with illegal carrying of weapons during commission of a crime or in presence of CDS, marijuana possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, drug use in presence of juveniles and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Kimble was also charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, possession of firearm by convicted felon and second-offense marijuana possession. He remained in jail Monday on a $145,000 bond.
Jourdan was released Sunday afternoon after posting a $8,000 bond while Ryan was released a few hours later after posting a $5,500 bond.
Two Lake Charles men have been charged with purse snatching, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Jamison Terrell Mitchell, 20, and Tyrone D. Simien, 17, were arrested Saturday.
“The victim said she was tending to her children when a black male approached her and started a conversation,” Kraus said. “The suspect opened the victim’s car door, reached in and took the victim’s purse. The suspects fled the scene but were arrested a short time later.”
Mitchell, 1312 Meadow St., and Simien, 1624 Clover Drive, remained in jail Monday on $25,000 bonds.
A 29-year-old Lake Charles man has been charged with aggravated battery, domestic abuse battery, first-offense DWI and reckless operation, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Isael Duran Berard, 3553 Greenwich Blvd., was arrested early Saturday morning following a traffic accident in the 1500 block of Church Street.
Kraus said Berard was chasing and ramming a vehicle driven by his girlfriend when he lost control.
Bond was set at $9,000.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Willie Jean Snell, 42, 205 Jackson St., DeQuincy — simple burglary, theft over $500, simple criminal damage to property under $500. Bond: $75,000.
• Chad Edward Menard, 42, 1605 West St., Vinton — two counts of simple battery, simple burglary, theft under $300, three counts of criminal trespass. Bond: $55,000.
• Kasey James Loyd, 24, 1414 Shaw St. — two counts of drug possession. Bond: $30,000.
• Jordan Scott Pickett, 21, 25297 Tate Road, Kinder — simple burglary, simple criminal damage to property under $500, theft under $500. Bond: $25,000.
• Maxie Ray Parks, 32, 315 Doiron St., Sulphur — five counts of drug possession. Bond: $25,000.
• Mathew James Guidry, 19, 1286 Mohican Drive — two counts of drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $20,000.
• Brian Keith Joubert, 29, 2123 Evans St. — drug possession, obstruction of justice. Bond: $15,000.
• James Celestine, 32, 4 Sherwood Drive, Apt. 19, Sulphur — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $10,000.
• Tommy Lee Foy, 20, 796 River Bend Lane, Sulphur — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $10,000.
• Brandon J. Bennett, 21, Madison, Miss. — two counts of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, speeding. Bond: $5,250.
• Corey Allen Collins, 41, 3206 Kirkman St. — theft over $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• George Shepherd, 2228 Myrtle Springs Road, Westlake — marijuana possession with intent to distribute. Bond: $5,000.
• Kedrick Dwayne Davis, 20, 1501 14th St. — theft $500 to $1,500. Bond: $5,000.
• Casey Michael Hatch, 30, 226 Syria Road — marijuana possession with intent to distribute, moving violation. Bond: $3,250.
• Robert D. Myers, 58, 441 Pinecone Drive — false imprisonment, domestic abuse battery. Bond: $3,000.
• Derrick Wayne Robinson, 24, 2114 Woodring St. — drug possession, urinating in a public place, direct contempt of court. Bond: $2,500.
• Trent Barnett Malcon, 52, 1989 La. 109, Lot. 1, Vinton — domestic abuse battery. Bond: $1,500.
• David Wayne Ross, 37, 2511 E. Gauthier Road — first-offense marijuana possession, drug possession, no license. Bond: $1,500.
• Tanner Cox, 19, 5200 Nelson Road, No. 603 — first-offense marijuana possession, drug possession. Bond: $1,500.
• Dale D. Glenn, 42, 1015 Gulf St. — resisting an officer, disturbing the peace, vagrancy. Bond: $1,500.
• James Jefferson, 24, Magnolia, Miss. — theft $500 to $1,500.
• Angela Rene Babin, 38, 423 N. Post Oak Road, Sulphur — unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, unauthorized use of an access card under $500.
• Jared Reza Eskandari, 35, Houston — two counts of issuing worthless checks over $500.
Sharla Michelle Johnson, 25, 2438 Anita Drive — two counts of criminal mischief.
Posted By: becky felice On: 6/24/2013
Title: Not so good
Some of these bond seems way to low while others seem way to high ..The ones that are low will be the ones we read about them killing someone before its over with..was chasing and ramming a vehicle driven by his girlfriend when he lost control.
Bond was set at $9,000.
This one !! if he was ramming her car wouldn't that be attempted murder? Even if not his bond is low!