Last Modified: Friday, June 21, 2013 10:21 AM
A 42-year-old Lake Charles woman has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, city police said.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said Lora Ann Fontenot, 1017 S. Division St., was arrested early Wednesday morning at Suffolk Manor Apartments at 2960 Lake St.
Kraus said Fontenot stabbed the victim, who was transported to a local hospital for treatment for non-life threatening wounds, following an argument.
Bond was set at $150,000.
A 38-year-old Vinton man has been charged with home invasion and second-degree battery.
According to records from the Calcasieu Correctional Center, Javis Ray Sterling was arrested by the Vinton Police Department Wednesday night at a home on Stevson Street.
Bond for Sterling, 1008 Eddy St., has not been set.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Amanda Rae Stricklin, 27, 3717 Auburn St. — drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $100,000.
• April G. Garrick, 25, 2633 Laurel Ridge Court — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $30,000.
• Dustin Wayne Landry, 21, 921 Ivy St., Sulphur — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $20,000.
• Jarvis Keagen Aubry Collins, 21, 902 Orange St. — second-degree battery. Bond: $5,000.
• Michael Sean Vincent, 25, 2332 Gaylynn St., Sulphur — forgery, possession of stolen things. Bond: $5,000.
• Trisha Ann Mingo, 35, 400 Paradise Lane, Patterson — forgery. Bond: $3,000.
• Sabastian Killan Joseph Hoyt, 19, 1005 Platt St. Sulphur — simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $2,500.
• Casey Charles Mitchell, 24, 1011 W. 18th St. — drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer by refusal to show ID. Bond: $2,000.
• Jordan David Allen, 25, 211 Louie St., Apt. 77 — simple burglary, theft over $1,500, simple criminal damage to property under $500, first-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $1,000.
• Shannon Kentrell Harrell, 33, 2290 Hope Court — aggravated flight from and officer, obstruction of justice, first-offense marijuana possession, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Anthony Wayne Rigmaiden, 29, 1316 Meadow St. — domestic abuse battery.
• Robert Scott Dupre, 51, 1215 Sara St., Sulphur — sale, distribution or possession of legend drug without prescription, drug possession, first-offense marijuana possession.
• Jennifer Nicole Wilson, 24, 1011 W. 18th St. — drug possession.
• Lola Lenette Coleman, 32, 1906 Winterhalter St., Apt. B — criminal trespass, disturbing the peace.
• John Collins Singleton, 69, 2210 Elaine St., Apt. F — unlawful uses of 911, simple criminal damage to property under $500, disturbing the peace.