Last Modified: Friday, June 21, 2013 10:21 AM
A 36-year-old Sulphur man has been charged with molestation of a juvenile and failure to register as a sex offender.
Danny Dempsey Myers was arrested by the Sulphur Police Department Tuesday afternoon.
“During the investigation it was learned that Myers was registered in Calcasieu Parish but did not register with Sulphur after moving into the city,” said spokesman Mel Estess.
According to American Press archives, Myers was indicted in December 1998 on three counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile and one count of aggravated crime against nature. Myers, who was 22 at the time, and another man were accused of having sexual contact with a 13-year-old juvenile on Aug. 22.
Myers, 409 Cypress St., Apt. A, was also charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bond has been set at $305,000.
City police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect from multiple armed robberies.
Deputy Chief Mark Kraus said the most-recent incident occurred June 15 at a business at 2202 Common St.
Kraus said the suspect has been described as a black male, 6-foot-1 to 6-3, 170-180 pounds with a slim-to-medium build. He was wearing a blue hoodie, red, white and blue T-shirt, denim shorts and black-trimmed tennis shoes. He had a blue homemade mask covering his face.
“The suspect was armed with an old-model black revolver with a long barrel,” Kraus said.
The man is also wanted in connection with the June 8 armed robbery of the Shop Rite store on Lake Street.
Following the June 8 incident, Kraus said the suspect was wearing a long sleeve red, white and blue hoodie, light denim shorts and white tennis shoes. He had black gloves and was carrying an old long-barreled revolver in his right hand.
Anyone with information can contact the Lake Charles Police Department Detective Division at 491-1311 or Crime Stoppers at 439-2222.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
• Kendall Dwayne Pouchie, 18, 101 Cypress Lane, Iowa — simple robbery. Bond: $35,000.
• Jeffery Celestine, 29, 3634 W. Roosevelt St. — possession of stolen things over $1,500. Bond: $20,000.
• Terrance O. Brown, 25, 201 5th St. — first-offense illegal carrying of weapons, second-offense marijuana possession. Bond: $15,000.
• Ryan Casas, 35, Woodland, Texas — 31 counts of issuing worthless checks over $500. Bond: $10,000.
• Susan Renee McGee, 49, 7021 Vincent Reed Road — drug possession, theft under $500. Bond: $5,000.
• Tanner Jace Holland, 18, 5353 Topsy Bell Road, Ragley — theft over $1,500, simple burglary, simple criminal damage to property $500 to $50,000. Bond: $3,000.
• Cynthia Marie Baker, 50, 906 N. Simmons St. — first-offense prostitution, crime against nature by solicitation, possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,000.
• Derrick Zakee Blakely, 34, 1802 14th St. — domestic abuse battery with child endangerment. Bond: $2,000.
• Larry D. Michel, 36, 4520 Common St. — drug possession, improper display of temporary license tag. Bond: $1,100.
• Morgan Ashley, 30, 505 Albert St. — possession of stolen things over $1,500.
• Kristian Gaudet, 36, 610 Post Oak Road, No. 19, Sulphur — two counts of aggravated assault, stalking.
• Jeremy Romaine Leblanc, 23, 806 Deaton St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, carrying a weapon during commission of a crime or presence of CDS.
• Ivy Christine Walker, 20, 1503 California St. — drug possession with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, carrying a weapon during commission of a crime or presence of CDS.
• John Raymond Baker, 22, 911 N. Junior St. — drug possession, moving violation.
• Gadrelle Lynn Worthington, 48, 2104 E. Tank Farm Road — possession of 28 to 200 grams of a Schedule I drug.
• Colby Garret Broussard, 28, 404 W. Sale Road — two counts of second-offense DWI, driving while license suspended.